Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
New Camper

Hi I am a first time poster to this forum, just bought a 2006 ZT30BH Zinger Travel Trailer. I am looking to buy a Winter cover for it. The trailer is on it's way to me via a shipment. Can anyone tell me what the actual lenght of the trailer is without the Tounge/Hitch just the Cabin. L X W X H

I am looking on line to buy a Cover on line right now for my specific model, and I want to have the cover here when it arrives. I need/they need the messurement to be fairly accurate? Any cover out there you would recommend for my rainy west coast (near Seattle, WA) any sugestions on this would be greatly appreciated as well.

Also if it is located anywhere in this forum I appologise now for not reading thoroughly but I am in a bit of time restrait right now!

Thanks all!!

Ronangel
Old 11-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I think that Crossroads recomend's not covering the unit They say as does our service guy that the covers can ruin the roof by too much movement

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
Welcome to the forum.

I think that Frank's response is going to be the most popular to your question. I asked about a cover at the dealer where I bought my previous TT. Their response "Do you see any covers on ours or at any other dealer lot?"

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I covered my last TT and the movement on windy days rubbed the paint off part of the sides. I would imagine it will damage the gel coat gloss as well.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

This question is debatable for call types of RV's. I think the "do you see any covers on the trailers at the dealership" is a bad reason. It's like saying you shouldn't put your car in the garage because car dealers don't. Of course the dealer isn't going to cover their trailers. Nobody would see them and then they wouldn't sell. Or imagine asking the dealer to take the cover off of 5 different units so you could 'take a look.'

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
New Camper

Crobert, your right the other reason is they don't want to put out the money to cover the Trailers as the cover runs about 2-3 hundred dollars each. If the cover is secured properly like they say they can be, I don't think it would do any damage to the trialer as this would be a common concern? The trailer I bought was stored every winter in a huge shed/Barn so it looks brand new?

Thanks guys

Ronangel
Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I may be wroung but I heard Crossroads will not warrenty any damage done by a cover.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I agree with Frank (fhenn) about no cover. I made the mistake of buying a "name brand" cover for a 29 foot Sprinter travel trailer a few years ago. I installed the cover exactly per instructions, all tie-downs, straps, etc. secured. The next spring when I removed the cover there were several heavy scuff marks on each side (edge) of the rubber roof. Threw the cover away-no more covers!
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
New Camper

I understand I should not put a cover on it...I get it.....does anyone know the dimensions of my trailer, thats how this whole thing got started??
Old 11-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I believe that unit is approximately 32 feet long plus or minus 1/8 of an inch

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote