Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
New Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to jen_nifer_72
We purchase our new 2010 ZT32QB in August '10. Took it out for 2nd time 2 weeks ago & left awning up overnight (yes, we know not to do this with high winds). OVernight weather was mild--light winds if any. Next morning, we woke to discover the bracket that attaches at the bottom had snapped--it looked as though it just slowly snapped off & the entire arm just gently slid down to rest. Opposite side, the awning had pulled from the track. We had no choice but to remove the entire awning and remove it from the camper b/c there was no way to safely attach the arms or awning for travel (300 miles from home). We returned it to the dealer to find it was not covered under the warranty (blaming wind). We are hoping anyone else that may have experience issues posts here. Thanks.

Otherwise, we're loving the unit... just not thrilled with the dealer when the service after the sale didn't live up to the great sell..
jen_nifer_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

sounds strange. by any chance did yu take pictures at the campground. i'm curiuos to see where it snapped.also is a electric or manual awning?

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Our awning issue was different. The little metal pins that snap into place in the holes of the arms don't fully come through without a lot of jiggling (and sometimes still won't). The awning has been known to fall down and almost hit me in the head. Took it in for warranty work and guess what, we were told it was fixed and still same problem occurs.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
New Camper

We did take pics... it's manual.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Call Randy Mischler at Crossroads. I think your dealer is giving you the run around.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
Our awning issue was different. The little metal pins that snap into place in the holes of the arms don't fully come through without a lot of jiggling (and sometimes still won't). The awning has been known to fall down and almost hit me in the head. Took it in for warranty work and guess what, we were told it was fixed and still same problem occurs.

We had the same problem the second time we used the awning. Took it back to the dealer. They replaced the catch. The original was riveted. The replacement used a philips screw. Next time out, it did the same thing. I ended up taking the catch apart and filing the rough edges on the pin. I also WD-40ed the heck out of it. I re-installed it and so far, so good.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

my first cruiser wes a 27RL and we did the same thing, took the camper to Myrtle Brach and went away and left the awning out, it tore out of the side panel and it tore the fabric, it was a new unit, the dealer or warranty did not cover the damage and by rights they shouldn't it was my fault that I left it out, I know never leave the campground and leave the awning out, I now have electric and I just pull it in before we leave, and we don't use any party lights, as much as we like them just too much hasssle and my insurance minus the deductible paid to repair the awning

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
New Camper

Posted some photos from our issue in April. Went out for a short trip this weekend, awning opened fine but when we went to put it back, discovered the dealer's "replacement" of the awning hardware doesn't seem to be all that grand. Calling the gentlement at Crossroads as suggested earlier. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennife...7626791201528/