Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
New Camper

Just bought a 2013 zt33bh and one of the LEDs are burned out in the strip on the awning. Is this covered under crossroads warranty or should the dealer take care of it? I picked it up last weekend and they all worked. This weekend was the shakedown run and this happened.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Had same problem with my '13 Patriot.. Called CW and they asked for pics.. called me in about a week and they already had the replacement.. Took it out camping a few times to shake it down and look for other problems. Beside the LEDs and a few loose screws on the bed slide everything checked out.. Taking it in for LED lights tomorrow. BTW no charge for the LEDs and installation.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
New Camper

Well, shakedown run is complete..... I have a laundry list of things, some major, most minor. I'll list a few here so others can look out for similar discrepancies.

1. LP hose pinching between kitchen slide aft support mount and framework, nearly punctured.

2. I have not added anything to the RV electrically other than a LED 32" TV andan LCD 19" TV in the bedroom.When the A/C is running, both refrigerators are on electric and the water heater is switched on,the 30 amp main breaker trips. This leads me to believe that 30 amp power is not adequate for this RV.

3. #1 Gray water tank reads 2/3 full when enough water is added to the tank to reach the 1/3 sensor.

4. A/C motor vibrates A LOT. Shakes the slider on the screen door enough to make noise.

5. Manual slide rod for kitchen isn't connected to anything.

6. Brakes are out of round (found immediately after leaving dealership but was too tired to turn around as I work nights and it was already 2pm)

7. I now have four LEDs out on the awning light strip after four uses.

8. Drip rail on rh side pulls away from wall when awning is rolled up all the way.

9. My RV must have been hauled from Indiana in the dead of winter, then allowed to sit without being washed. The tin material in the wheel well areas are beginning to corrode. I am in the process of scraping the corrosion loose and paining with a rust reforming paint.

I have found some things that were designed a bit stupid/cheaply too.

1. The cover for the range can contact the range vent screen clip and gougethe paintwhen opening or closing if you arent careful.

2. Reaching things on the LH side of the forward cargo compartment from theright side is impossible unless you access through the bed or a hook of some sort.

3. 40 Gallons is not a lot of shower gray water space for four people.

4. 40-50 psi is not enough pressure to properly run the shower head. It just dribbles.

5. No black tank rinse. Even cheap RVs have this.

6. No drain for the outdoor kitchen refrigerator and it leaks all over the interior of the kitchen whn thawed.

7. The grease used on the propane connection for the grill is bad. It has hardedned and inhibits the action of the quick connector.

8. Three step entry is nice, bottom stair can rip your hand off if you arent careful.

9. No ladder (WTF???)

10. Pillow top mattress is a beauty. I added two foam mats to it and its to die for, except for the fact that the support framework isnt even fastened to the RV at the forward points and nearly folded and killed me the first time I sat on it. A couple of screws later and all was well.

11. I have never owned an RV with an RV vent cover in the bedroomthat was nearly transparent and allows so much light in. Nothing like being awakened at 6am by the morning sun!!! Ordered black vent covers to alleviate this one.

12. Why is there a window on the aft end of the dinette/sofa slide? It faces the bedroom slide?!?!?!?!

13. No ladder to allow kids to get in or down from the LH bunk in the aft bedroom. Not so much of a problem for me as my kids are 16 and 19,but the shorties might have some issues getting in.

14. The kitchen sink spout is waaaaay to tall for the small size of the dual sinks. Splashy splashy and everything is wet!

15. Forward dinette seat drawer contacts the island when the slide is in. Its beginning to make a little mark on the island woodwork.

16. A 32" Vizio Slim LED TV (internet model) fits in the living area ET center perfectly. Dont trust the sticker telling you to "mount here" if you think studs or anything are behind. I had to use a small piece of plywood fastened to the wall with the TV bracket fastened to that. I used a thin bracket with a quick disconnect and used two small pieces of a foam "swimming noodle" to stabilize it. Its ghetto but effective. The TV is hung correctly and is not going anywhere. Although, the outlets are a little tough to get to as is the antenna amp button.

17. An RV of this length can benefit from a set of center stabilizing jacks. I ordered a couple and will be installing them just forward of the front axle.

18. When the RV is leveled, the stabilizer jacks cannot contact the ground when extened all of the way of the spot is level. I now own 3 sets of Lynx Levelers due to this fact.

19. That shiny plate over the burner on the grill stays shiny for the first 30 seconds you own it.

Edited by: eightrac
Old 07-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Get an Oxygenics showerhead to fix your shower! It took me six years to buy one and I wonder why I waited. Now works like a real shower.

Oxygenics
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...Fe9aMgodpj4ALA
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
New Camper

Clicked, ordered.

Thanks a million. Looks like that shower head hasthousands of+ votes on amazon.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

get yourself a 30-50 amp dog bone adapter and just hook up to 50 amps at campgrounds. We do this and have no issues. If we hook up to 30 amp and try to run the AC and microwave we trip the breaker.

Some of your issues should have been caught during your pdi but stuff happens, use your warranty sooner than later.

The Floorplan stuff, no ladder etc.... well did you buy your trailer site unseen? otherwise you knew it had no ladder, no black tank rinse (this is not standard equipment for any dealer, It is an option for many dealers). no bunkhouse ladder is a common flaw across many manufacturers but I bet it wasn't there when you looked at the trailer before buying. Sorry to sound so harsh but if you have so many issues with our Floorplan then why did you buy it?

I second the oxygenics. it limits water and gives good water pressure but unless on full hook ups everyone needs to take navy showers (get wet, turn water off, soap and shampoo, rinse, turn water off, condition, rinse, done). our oxygenics came without a cut off switch so we bought one at Home Depot to add in, it works well.

For the stab jacks, we cut 6x4 into 12" blocks and screwed little handles onto them. we have 2 for each jack and 2 for the tongue jack (usually just use 1 here). this shortens them up, and actually makes them more stable decreasing the movement in the trailer.
Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

My stove and refrigerator won't work with the slide in, I guess the hose gets pinched in as was yours.
Will investigate the problem. Actually dangerous.

I have a 5th wheel, 28BH Crossroads. Like it a lot.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
For the stab jacks, we cut 6x4 into 12" blocks and screwed little handles onto them. we have 2 for each jack and 2 for the tongue jack (usually just use 1 here). this shortens them up, and actually makes them more stable decreasing the movement in the trailer.

Our dealer told us not to ever fully extend the stabilizer jacks. They recommended no more than half way down.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightrac View Post
Just bought a 2013 zt33bh and one of the LEDs are burned out in the strip on the awning. Is this covered under crossroads warranty or should the dealer take care of it? I picked it up last weekend and they all worked. This weekend was the shakedown run and this happened.
Our 2013 Washington RF39WA: half of canopy lights quit working shortly after we picked it up. My RV mobile repair contacted the manufacturer and they are replacing on warranty.
We have two lighted canopies and the other is fine.
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
New Camper

Wow ! 28 legitimate concerns with a new unit ! Making them way to fast with no quality control. Unfortunate .
Slingshotontario is offline   Reply With Quote