Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 AM   #1
New Camper

I own a used 2007 ZT-320-QB
It has a mounted cd player head unit called Pyramid CDR49.

I can't figure out what is wrong with it. It doesn't appear to have any power, yet all of my fuses appear to be in working order. If the head unit is completely dead I would like to replace it but I can't figure out how to do that either, since it's not mounted behind a dashboard like in a car (does this require me to rip out some wood?!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Included are pictures of the head unit and the fuse panel

http://www.images.mrolaf.com/fusepanel.jpg

http://www.images.mrolaf.com/headunit1.jpg

http://www.images.mrolaf.com/headunit2.jpg

MrOlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The plastic plate pops off and you should have a nail on each side holding the radio in. It is easier to drive the nails in than try to pull them. The wood panel under the radio can be taken off and that gets you to wires and bottom of radio.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have been thinking about this. I would take the panel off the bottom frist. This will let you get to wires and radio and allow you to see how to take it out. I believe it has a lock tab on each side that you can push out of the way. I took mine out a couple of years ago when I built my cubords the full lenght of our slide.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

The plastic trim around the radio comes off. Once off, if you have the 2 release keys that came with the radio it will slide out of the cradle it's in and you wont have to remove any wood. This is a sample of how it comes outhttp://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/manuals/CDR49DX.pdf

Edited by: sking
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Pop the radio out and check the radio fuse. Ours blew the fuse and acted like that.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
New Camper

Got it working thanks! Ended up removing the wood panel beneath the unit, i bent the metal away from the head unit so I can remove the unit in the future through the front (as I don't have those special keys) I don't really move the trailer so it doesn't bother me that it's not locked into place. It ended up being a 7a buss fuse, I found a variety pack at the local walmart but it's 7.5 a (I figure that's close enough) Anyway the panel was held in place with staples and had a finishing trim. I figure i'll reattach the panel with pretty upholstery nails to give it a nice look and also the wide head will give me the ability to remove the nails and reuse them if I have to take the panel down in the future. Thanks for all your help!
MrOlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

;od news, lots of wire up there.