Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Change Interior Lights to LED

I want to change the interior lights to LED for reduced power draw and heat in my 328SB.

How do you remove the housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cuevrojamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Honestly, I am thinking of going the other way. I Have the LED lights throughout my unit, and quite honestly they are obnoxious. Too bright, and I feel like I am in a retail store. We have to turn some off.

Honestly your reasoning for changing the bulbs is a bit odd. Heat dispassion is how much on each unit? If you have to worry about that you have other issues in your air handling systems. Draw on the battery? Turn some lights off in your unit.

It is my opinion and take it as it is. The money you spend to make the change over and the end result is not worth the net effort. Again my opinion. Having both types in two separate units, I would take incandescent lights inside the camper any day.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

I totally agree! They claim to last XX number of hours, but from the very expensive replacement bulbs I've tried that XX = about 12 hours, I've got halogen bulbs in mine that are 4 1/2 years old & still work, I've went through $100 worth of LEDS that barely lasted 4 months. For the difference in price I'll spend it on electricity to keep it cooler & be money ahead. Again only my .02 cents.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Not familiar with that type of light fixture, but on most of ours in the monaco they were a 1/4 turn twist...(but some were fused to the ceiling material the halogens got so hot and softened the ceiling material, so used a thin tool to separate and then twist)

We LOVE the LED's - Hardest thing was finding the right 'color' we liked....
I bought a few of different color temps so we could compare... ended up with warm white 3000K as our favorite...
you are correct, they are unbelievably cooler and very little draw!

These (in the pic) are some we got for OURS, not dimmable and just trimmed the prongs a bit shorter to go in easier...
they've lasted a good while and I've been known to leave them on at the storage lot for a day or two - EZ to do on mine as the opposing slides hide the fixtures and I'm forgetful

good luck.

oh, and I liked them so much I ordered led backup lights for my jeep and rv --> leds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2814.jpg (157.1 KB, 9 views)