Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
New Camper

I have a 2012 Zinger ZT-300RK and every time we have two things plugged in at the same time the breaker pops. You should be able to use the coffee maker and toaster at the same time without this happening. Each is plugged into separate outlets. I have also had this problem in another unit we had. Is there a way to add another breaker to the panel and separate the outlets to stop the problem. And of course why can't the factory fix the problem because it seems like an easy fix and I'm sure we aren't the only ones with this problem.
jeb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

The short answer is yes, you can add a seperate breaker to isolate certian outlets unless they daisy-chained the wiring under the floor or somewhere inaccessable. Unplug the unit and remove the WFCO cover, shut the main breaker, and start looking at what circuits are shared. Back when I had my Cruiser, CR had labeled the breakers clearly (kitchen, furnance, etc.)
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb182
I have a 2012 Zinger ZT-300RK and every time we have two things plugged in at the same time the breaker pops. You should be able to use the coffee maker and toaster at the same time without this happening. Each is plugged into separate outlets. I have also had this problem in another unit we had. Is there a way to add another breaker to the panel and separate the outlets to stop the problem. And of course why can't the factory fix the problem because it seems like an easy fix and I'm sure we aren't the only ones with this problem.
If your breaker panel is set up the same as a lot of others, then you probably have numerous breakers that are "double breakers". If you have any empty slots in the box you can eliminate some, maybe all of your double breakers. Just replace them with single breakers. Even your main breaker could be a double. Double breakers can build up enough heat on one side to effect the adjoining one. At the same time do some investigating as to which outlets are wired into which breakers, and mark them/or make a list for future reference. As far as two appliances being plugged in on separate outlets, doesn't mean they aren't wired to the same breaker. If you read how many watts your toaster and coffee maker uses, you might be surprised to learn it's more then 15 amps. Those two items draw a lot of juices.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote