Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
New Camper

Crossroads zinger toy hauler

I just bought a used toy hauler zinger series 23 foot it has two freshwater tanks we're out of water. why are there two tanks? One tank still has 2/3 the other is empty no fixtures work how do I access this other water. There are two fresh water inlets on the side of the RV two tanks two drains two meters but I can't access it. there's insulation under the trailer so I can't see any sort of valve that connects the tanks
Desertrat222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #2
Gone Traveling

If you're going by the gauges/tank sensors they mean absolutely nothing, I have 3 indicators on mine & 1 reads 1/3 & the other 2 read 2/3s & have since new, I don't ever look at them.
I don't know about your particular model, but at that length I can't imagine having 2 fresh water tanks. I would assume 1 each, grey, black, fresh, in that length of rv. I sure someone of more help will chime in.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If you're going by the gauges/tank sensors they mean absolutely nothing, I have 3 indicators on mine & 1 reads 1/3 & the other 2 read 2/3s & have since new, I don't ever look at them.
I don't know about your particular model, but at that length I can't imagine having 2 fresh water tanks. I would assume 1 each, grey, black, fresh, in that length of rv. I sure someone of more help will chime in.
Thanks tt i can't see anything with the insulation interfaith but when i tap on the tank it sounds like it has water in it. The front tank sounds empty. A lot of rvs have 2 fresh water tanks to fit 100 gallons between the cross members with a transfer tube between the tanks. I think it's weird this one has 2 fill necks and 2 sensor/ monitors inside. Ill call crossroads Monday hopefully they can shed some light on it. I think for some reason the transfer tube isn't switching water back and forth.
Desertrat222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Site Team

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...stem-6405.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrat222 View Post
I just bought a used toy hauler zinger series 23 foot it has two freshwater tanks we're out of water. why are there two tanks? One tank still has 2/3 the other is empty no fixtures work how do I access this other water. There are two fresh water inlets on the side of the RV two tanks two drains two meters but I can't access it. there's insulation under the trailer so I can't see any sort of valve that connects the tanks
Hi Desert Rat,

I was having trouble with my fresh water tanks. The dealer discovered that the tanks were plumbed wrong so that the pump would only draw from one of the tanks. They had to add another connection between the two tanks so that the pump would draw from both.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote