Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Diming Lights

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and hope someone will know the answer to our problem.
We have a 2011 Zinger 39DB and still love it. We are having an issue with our lights (all of them). They will dim and then come back bright. We replaced the battery and now it has started to do the same thing. Has anyone had this issue or know what may be causing it.
Open to any and all suggestions.
Sandy
Old 08-24-2018, 05:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

perhaps a loose ground connection. tighten all ground wires in the main panel box.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. I will suggest to check the connections at the battery and make sure that all connections are clean and tight and also ground from battery to the camper. It also might be an internal problem with the converter. I agree also to check wires on the converter.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

for me it was a sign of the converter going bad
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:33 AM   #5
Site Team

Mine did that right before the converter died. One way to check is unplug then use your lights for a few minutes and see if they still dim. Ours would slowly dim then get bright.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Sandy, please let us know what you find out. It will help someone else down the road. So many post a question; get suggestions and never return.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Smile Diming Lights

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.
We did find out that it is the converter that is going.
We checked all the grounds, the battery, connections on the frame.
We spoke to our neighbor at our campground who had just purchased a new camper. They were having some issues with items not related to the converter and in the process they found that the battery was not connected. Their lights were working fine. The converter was running constantly supplying them with lights. We unhooked our battery to see if the converter would cut in. It did. However, in a few moments it cut out and the lights went out. It did this a couple of times. We hooked the battery back up and the lights came on. We tried this a couple of times and same thing happened each time. So we can only conclude that the converter was not functioning properly. The converter should supply lights whether you have a battery hooked up or not.
So, short story - we need a new converter. Due to the lateness in our camping season, we will replace it in the spring.
Hope our findings can help anyone else who may have this issue at some point.
Happy Camping everyone....