Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
New Camper

I am a proud new owner of a Used 2006 32QB. I need help to find out if there is a antenna splitter in my unit and where it might be located. I seem to not get any signal at all when my Antenna is up and my DTV receiver is connected to the antenna and TV. The DTV converter works ok when I plug in in the house.

You help is very much appreciated
xwasdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Antenna amplifier on? My splitter on my Cruiser was inside the wall behind the antenna amplifier. The connections were not very tight so it is possible you have one that was vibrated loose.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #3
New Camper

I have a 2006 Zinger 32QB. I do not see an antenna amplifier inside my unit any where. I am assuming that I just have a splitter some where as I have 3 jacks inside. Can anyone with a similiar model give some insight? Thank you
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Call Randy at Crossroads he is very helpful

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
New Camper

Found the issue. There is a small black button on the main jack to switch from either the antenna or cable TV connection.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwasdin
Found the issue. There is a small black button on the main jack to switch from either the antenna or cable TV connection.

Thanks for everyone's help.
I may be wrong but I believe the little black button you found is the antenna amplifier switch. There should be a little red led that comes on when the amplifier is active. The cable connectiion is usually a seperate jack.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
New Camper

rcflyer you are perhaps correct in looking at the jack it says on and off. When I push the button in to the on position the green light comes on. I do get a weak signal on my DTV converter box when the amplifier is on. So my quest is still on to find the selector for cable or antenna. Guess I'll try and give Randy a call per fhenn suggestion. Unless anyone else has any suggestions as to where to look for this mysterious switch
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

On my Cruiser the cable and antenna are the same connection. If on cable, power amp off, the signal goes to the TV. If I want to use the antenna, power amp on, and the signal is boosted and sent to the tv. I don't change any coax connections at all inside the rig.

Satellite wiring is different.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I don't think you have a switch,,except the booster switch that amplifies your signal,,,you make the antenna or cable choice on your tv set,,,on the menu section,,,try it......

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...TTOYS019-1.jpg
challeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
New Camper

I was glad to find this post. I was told at the dealer that as long as I bought a digital TV, I wouldn' t need a converter box. I bought and returned one TV that didn't get any channels during the auto setup mode for either cable or air. I have a new TV out there, and the same thing is happening. I will try the button today to see if it boosts the antenna. We own a 2010 ZT31SB.....taking our maiden voyage today locally for a short trip to see if there are any issues.
luvpurple221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Also make certain you are plugged into the antenna and not the satilite

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote