Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
New Camper

Hey,
We just purchased our first trailer...a Zinger 26BL and the dealer wants us to purchase the extended warranty as well as paint protection that includes the fabric/vinyl/leather protection as well. Does anyone have any experience with this. Most things I have read say stay away from all the dealer packages. We are leaning towards not getting the extended warranty as we figure we can look into that once the manufacturer warranty is up but I am not sure I want to be waxing the outside of the trailer 2X a year and trying to get stains out of fabric all the time??

Thanks!
nicobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the forum. Good to have another Albertan on here.

Ask the dealer what the extended warranty covers. If it covers everything after the manufacture warranty ends then it may not be bad, as areplacement fridge or furnace can run up to a grand. As for the paint,fabric, leather protection these can all be done by you at an inexpensive cost compared to the dealer package. I just wash my exterior a few times during the summer with just regular car wash soap and brush and it still looks good as new.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

extended warrranty definately.

paint/fabric etc... not worth the money. any of those repairs can be handled quite easily.

2003 Dodge 2500 5.7 HEMI

2010 zinger zt31sb

jimnfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

We just bought a ZF25BH, possibly from the same dealer, and had the same questions. Decided against both for now as we can add the extended warranty anytime before the 2 year manufacturer's warranty expires. And I can buy a lot of wax and scotchgard for $1000. Edited by: gareth_14
gareth_14 is offline   Reply With Quote