Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to h2opumper
Things are not adding up. We have a ZF31BH and the specs show the grey holds 52 gallons, the grey holds 80 and the black is 40. We can go quite some time before black is a concern, but we can easily fill the grey with what we have in the fresh tank in about two days. Does anyone know if the grey is a single 80 gallon or is it two 40 gallon tanks plumbed together? That's almost what it seems like. If that's the case, the drains might not be cross-flowing for drainage. We have a 32 gallon tote and have never had to make more than two trips to empty both tanks. We'll be inquiring with our dealer tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what may be under the belly of the camper without actually dropping the belly cover. Is there another valve besides the two at the dump port that I'm not seeing?
h2opumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Probably not...they probably put a smaller tank in. Ours is only 26G, versus 40G on literature.

Are you sure you don't mean a 40 gal. grey, 80 gal. FRESH. Our Black and Gray are both 26 gallons. The Fresh is like 60.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

The specs show fresh 54, grey 80, black 40. If you have 3 dump handles it's probably like most and has a 40 for the kitchen and a 40 for the bath with separate dump handles. Another 40 for black with it's own handle..

????
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
New Camper

I wouldn't bet on the tanks being split logically between fixtures.

We have a 2014 33BH with 2x 40G Gray tanks, one in front of the axles and one behind. The Shower, bathroom sink and kitchen sink are all plumbed into the front tank. Only the outdoor sink is plumbed into the back tank. At first I assumed this was because it was difficult or nearly impossible to route the kitchen sink to the back tank as there is a cross brace in the frame between the two tanks but upon closer measurements if crossroads had dropped the drain for the kitchen sink down through the floor on the rear side of the island instead of the forward side of the island (just mirror image reverse the inside of the island) then they could have drained the kitchen into the back tank.
Now I have a camper with only 40 effective gallons of gray water capacity.

I am going to change the faucet on the outdoor kitchen sink to a high rise type so that it is more reasonable to wash dishes out there.
I want to look more into moving the gray tank drain at the back of the camper (the tank that only has the outdoor sink on it) and tie it into the front drains for the gray and black (with a separate valve of course but that would allow the tanks to equalize if both grays are open and save having to move the hoses when dumping.
FinallyI think this winter I am likely going to reroute the kitchen sink plumbing to the back tank.</span>

Has anyone done anyone done either of the last two?