Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 42
Furrion Backup Camera?

My Z is wired for a Furrion backup camera. Can I use another brand, or Furrion only?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2018 Crossroads Z-1 Zinger 328SB
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Missouri
cuevrojamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuevrojamez View Post
My Z is wired for a Furrion backup camera. Can I use another brand, or Furrion only?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bad news, yes in that chassis you can only use their camera.

The good news. I just bought a Furrion observation camera and this has to be one of the best cameras on the market. The signal carries well and I've tried over a half dozen different "Cheapo" wireless cameras and sent them all back.

More good news
Your lucky that you are prewired. Mine was a new install and took about an hour (in the rain of course). If you can stand on a ladder for 10 minutes and turn a phillips screwdriver this should take just that.

Getting ready for a cross country road trip here, I'll post when I have some more on the road results of the camera.
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MO
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
The bad news, yes in that chassis you can only use their camera.



The good news. I just bought a Furrion observation camera and this has to be one of the best cameras on the market. The signal carries well and I've tried over a half dozen different "Cheapo" wireless cameras and sent them all back.



More good news

Your lucky that you are prewired. Mine was a new install and took about an hour (in the rain of course). If you can stand on a ladder for 10 minutes and turn a phillips screwdriver this should take just that.



Getting ready for a cross country road trip here, I'll post when I have some more on the road results of the camera.


Look forward to your review!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2018 Crossroads Z-1 Zinger 328SB
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Missouri
cuevrojamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,524
Camera works like a champ. Lost connection a couple times. I attribute it to interference from passing vehicles with equipment operating in the frequency range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,524
Stopped at the RV museum and right next door is there Headquarters!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,524



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #7
New Camper
 
Greaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 4
This is an old thread, but if anyone has the same question in December 2018 or later, I've discovered that Rear View Systems now makes a camera that fits into the Furrion mount (according to a person on the company I spoke with). The RVS-PK1 wireless system is their model number and has a 5" screen and is priced around $50 less than a Furrion. The reviews I've read seem positive on it.
https://www.rearviewsafety.com/simpl...r-rvs-pk1.html
__________________
John


"I'd rather be in the woods"
Greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: CA
Posts: 25
I recently installed Furrion Wireless RV Observation System and found it outstanding with a much better view in the day time and also noticed that night views are also evident due to presence of multiple LED lights. However, if you don't want to get Furrion again, then Yuwei Digital and CoolWoo could also be good brands that you can select. Here you can see the reviews of ratified RV backup cameras here.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:06 AM   #9
New Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4
Also, purchased the Furrion with the preinstalled bracket on the trailer. What powers the camera. It seems that when the running lights are on for the gmc truck there is no power, only when I turn on the headlights. Is that correct?
Richardwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #10
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardwagner View Post
Also, purchased the Furrion with the preinstalled bracket on the trailer. What powers the camera. It seems that when the running lights are on for the gmc truck there is no power, only when I turn on the headlights. Is that correct?

When I researched all the RV forums I got a mixed bag of comments Some were wired hot, others were backup only lights or running lights.

Mine wasn’t prepped so I installed and ran it off the marker light leads so I can monitor while driving.
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.