Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

We have a Zinger ZT25SB and just finished our second weekend with it.
Do others have the same experience with the hot water in the shower as we do?

Turn on the hot water, wait until the water gets hot, water output slows way down.
Turn the knob more to get more water, water output slows down.
We do this a couple times before there is no change and hot water flow is steady.
Cold water doesn't do this.
If you turn on hot water, adjust it so it's shower comfortable and then turn on cold water, the above described slow down of hot water output ends up giving you only cold water unless you keep adjusting the hot output until it is unchanging.

It almost seems that some seal or washer or something gets hot and shuts down water flow for a minute or so until it stabilizes.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sorry...we have not had that issue.Are bypass valves for WH in correct position, fully?Nice looking Zinger!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

OH Yes, the bypass valves are fine. WE have plenty of hot and cold water. It's just that when the hot water starts to flow, the flow slows down so you have to keep adjusting it for a few seconds. It would be fine in a sink but in a shower, it can be trying <grin>.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We have the same problem. We have to make a few adjustments to get a steady temperature. I think it's just cheap faucets. Don't have the problem at home. Some others have changed theirs to house quality faucets and had no more problems. As for me, I'm too cheap. I figure if one breaks, I'll look into changing things.

We are camping, afterall. Gotta rough it somewhere.

2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4
rv-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Aha, Glad to hear from you RV Rick. I just knew I couldn't be the only one. I guess I was going to "live with it" too until it got to be a pain but it did take some getting used to. I am putting rollers on the drawers under the dinette though and installed a fold-a-way table on the back of the closet in the bedroom. The back is in the living area and we will fold the table down when putting in the slide. We had the same thing in the motorhome for years.