Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

If you find out that service after the sale from the dealer you bought you camper from isn't the best.Crossroads will eventually take care of any problems. You do have to be a bit deligent and keep calling, but they do come through.

I brought my camper back to the dealer I bought it from after having it for about a year. I brought it back for some very minor things actually that I could have very well taken care of, but I thought what the heck its under warranty.

I brought my camper back for some wall paper bubbling up, a rusty sink, some issues with the refridgerator cosmetically, the slide was out of adjustment and sticking, and of course the tires.

After my camper had been at the dealer for 3 weeks and I did not hear from them I called them and they said they where taking care of everything and all was well.

After another 2 weeks of no contact I called them again, and found out that nothing had been done and that there was no authorization from Crossroads to do any work. This is now over a month of them having the camper.

A couple more weeks go by, I keep calling, the service people are getting short with me, so I started to call Crossroads and see what was going on.

It turned out that the dealer had not done what they were supposed to do, and they never sent the proper documentation (via email so its not like we had to wait on the mail lol).

They ended up ordering a slide motor, and a sink for my unit.On that day, I finally got to talk to the owner of the dealership and he started to yell and swear at me on the phone, and then told me if I don't like there service to come get the camper.

So to make a long story short (ya I know too late). my wife this time calls Crossroads, she talked to 3 different people, includind Randy, and they ended up being very very helpful. We made a complaint against the dealer, whicht they said their were several others, and they are sending me the parts to fix the camper. I know some would not be happy with that but I have a shop and I can fix this stuff very easy. And because of the hard time they are sending me new tires (I have to mount them, but that is OK). And there sending me radials I am not sure what brand though.

While I am not impressed at all with the dealer I bought the camper from, and I am not happy about missing 2 monthes of prime camping weather. I am impressed with how Crossroads, as a manufacturer, helped out and stood behind there product and worked with me and found a solution to circumvent a crappy dealer.

Just a bit of FYI for anyone having an issue with your dealer. Crossroads will work with you if you are deligent and think outside the box a bit.

2001 Chevy Suburban

Two Kids

One Wife

One Dog
jimmbo407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Glad it worked out to your satisfaction. Bad dealers are a problem for every brand, and then the dealer wonders why there is a drop in sales...

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Glad it worked out, I would share the dealers name so others can avoid the same stress you have gone through.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Please share the dealer's name... So we all can be aware. Also should be true for when one has a good experience.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote