Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
New Camper

<DIV =ecxSecti&#111;n1>

We brought a new Zinger Z29DB last June and as a family with 3 children under the age of 10 the layout is perfect. However as first time trailer owners we are very disappointed with our purchase, it reminds us of the movie Money Pit.

None of the window screens fit so the trailer would fill, and I mean fill with mosquitoes, we ended up putting green painters tape around all the windows from the inside. The tape lets the light in and shows 1/4 inch gaps between the screens and window frames. It keeps the bugs out but really doesn’t do much for the décor. We were advised that all trailers are like that????

Our second trip was for 3 days, I closed a drawer in the kitchen and the entire tracking system let go, next day I was closing the big blind in the bedroom, the rod and blind fell, everything had completely came out of the wall.

The sewer drain had issues as well, my poor husband wore most of the tank the first couple of times he emptied it, underneath one of the tip outs there is a big rip that was patched with some sort of tape, now were told it needs to be removed and repaired, the list goes on and on�..

The first time it was back at the dealer was 4 days after we brought it and since then we have been back to the dealer or been in contact with the dealer, Leisure Days, more times than I care to count. We were told the windows should be replaced, but only new screens have been sent, we are very doubtful these will fit properly.

All we are getting is the run around and have the feeling it won’t get fixed until the warranty has expired and then it will be out of pocket expense.

I was not a camper prior to last year but my husband has camped most of his life, my father-in-law has had trailers for the last 30 years and has never experienced anything like this. Unfortunately for our kids who love the trailer, the experience has been so bad for myself and my husband we are at the point of getting rid of it and would be very leery about ever owning another one.

Any suggestion?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Bepatient and get the things worked out. I went through a few things with mine in thebeginning but all is well now. You may want to make a call to Randy at crossroads and explain things to him and he will fix you up.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

call randy at crossroads, problem solved

2003 Dodge 2500 5.7 HEMI

2010 zinger zt31sb

jimnfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I have heard many horror stories about them; mostly regarding over priced units, but some regarding warranty work. I think slowly they are going out of business, they seem to be earning a reputation. The one close to me close up shop 2 years ago.
I agree with sking and jimnfor. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with anything like that (yet) but it sounds like Crossroads is second to none when it comes to issues like this. Thats a big reason why my wife and I chose CR-- because of all the success stories we have read in this forum.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks everyone, I emailed Crossroads 5 days ago and haven't heard back from them. I will call Randy and hopefully get this worked out. I will keep you posted. And yes the dealer has a bad reputation in Sudbury too, but we found out too late.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

sorry to hear that, but good luck to you, I had a couple issues with my slider that left me stranded when purchased but all appears to be worked out now, I still love my Zinger
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
New Camper

New screens are in, but don't fit we can still see daylight between the screens and the frame of the trailer....still a work in progress. I contacted the company 2 weeks ago but have yet to hear from them. We are trying to be patient but we are going on month 10...
Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

sounds like you are having a run of bad luck. I'm not sure of the best way to reach CR, but I know many people in here have and it seems like they have got a response rather quickly. Maybe someone will chime in with a better method of communicating with CR.
Good luck and keep us posted!

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Randy Mishler, 6-7AM in the morning. I always got him at those times @ the factory service center.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

could you show us pics of what the gaps look like, now you have me concerned, I think I have a little gap, but I consider that acceptable, you are camping you know - but just my honest opinion - thanks
11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
New Camper

the pictures are at the dealer, these aren't little gaps they are large gaps, we only had a few bugs when we tented, in the trailer without the tape there is hundreds of them.Yes I knowwe are camping butwithout the tape on the screens we might as well be sleeping outside.