Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well we just bought a Zinger TT 32QB. Our first camper. Decided to go new and have it delivered to our site. Suppose to get 2014 and we ordered fiberglas. I heard that aluminum makes a lot of noise when it is windy plus I like the looks of the fiberglas. Also got aluminum wheels, rear ladder, bigger a/c.

This will be a difference for us (we have tent camped).

Didn't go w/ the extra installation - Was told by a dealer to save the money and the furnance will keep us warm.

Need to buy a generator (no electrical where we are at). Any recommendations?

Also, plan on parking it on grass (not gravel). How do we keep mice out? Any recommendations?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

If you have the unit on order I would go back and request the extra insulation package. In the summer - the unit is easier to cool and in the cool weather the unit is easier to keep warm. For the investment, it's a great package. Also, I hope you ordered the 15K AC, a 13.5K in a 35' trailer will struggle.

When you take delivery, remove the hidden blocker panels and fill the systems cut-outs with expanding foam, this will deter guests.

I have a Champion electric start unit- great generator for the price and very reliable. The customer service is above all brands in the price range.

http://www.championpowerequipment.com/generators/46555/
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
New Camper

Congrats on your new Zinger !!! We will be taking delivery of our new Zinger 30RK in about 3 more weeks. I hope you have a great summer in your new unit !!
KB9MAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
Congrats on your new unit. We as well bought a 2013 33FK last Sept. and pickup next month. Our last TT was parked at a golf course year round and as we had power we plugged in to outlets a device that emits a high frequency sound that rodents do not like and it works (touch wood) as we have never had a problem and neighbors have had. We also put bounce sheets in the closets, drawers etc. and anywhere that we thought the rodents might try to gain access. It also seems to work well as it is said the odor from these bounce sheets is offensive to them (the trailer smelled great as well). In addition we put bait traps for mice under the unit by the wheels and this probably helped. Pets cannot get into the traps.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Yeah, no electrical. I will try dryer sheets though and outside traps by the wheels. As well as expand a foam. Hopefully I can find some enclosed traps for outside since they may sit for several weeks/month. Don't want to attack other animals.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

So in regards to 'a device that emits a high frequency sound that rodents do not like'. What model did you buy, how much, and also how many do you plug in.

Do they still work or have mice visited? thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
Sorry do not know what brand but I think and will do the job as others around us have different types ( knock onwood) have never had an unwanted guest. Good luck