Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
New Camper

When packing my bearings, I had a heck of a time trying to find a place to set my jack to lift the right side of my 2005 Zinger ZT-300-BH. I did not want to lift from the axles or any of the suspension parts. I tried to lift from the chassis but the gas line is running along the bottom side getting in the way of any jack or jack supports. The cross members seem insufficient for lifting. I did lift it, but would not recommend my solution. Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so do they have a suggestion for next time?
pen442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

What I do with my cruiser on the side that has the gas line, I just jack up from behind the rear tire on the frame, with a 10 tonbottle jack thats on top of 3 4x6 stacked up. It raises both tires off the ground with it hooked up to the truck and with the front tongue jack on the ground too. Edited by: fixit5561

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I use the same roll up lift I have for changing the tires. You can only pack one wheel at a time but the rig stays very steady and I don't have to worry about damaging any frame/suspension components.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit5561
What I do with my cruiser on the side that has the gas line, I just jack up from behind the rear tire on the frame, with a 10 tonbottle jack thats on top of 3 4x6 stacked up. It raises both tires off the ground with it hooked up to the truck and with the front tongue jack on the ground too.

+1^^ On my 5er, the frame on the street has the gas line running along the bottom all the way back to the front spring hanger and the step is right behind the rear spring hanger.

I lift on the frame behind the step (which is at the rear of the frame)with the 5er hooked up to the truck and can lift both wheels off the ground. I was worried about frame flex, but I couldn't see anywhere else to lift it. I've done it this way a couple of times with no problems.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote