Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

So Crossroads emailed today and last piece on order is shipping today. Service manager at dealer off today. Hope to get ETA soon. Parts will be delivered on the 9th.
Zinger 280RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

So, going to pick up my camper tomorrow afternoon. Let’s hope the repairs are up to my standards....I have a feeling I’m going to be disappointed. Wish me luck.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #23
Site Team

Good luck.
Think positive.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #24
Site Team

Best of luck. Be sure to inspect it thoroughly before you accept delivery. Also if anything is not correct take pictures to document it.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

So... I did but pick it up today. After looking over i found some small things I was going to live with. Scratches on the outside end pieces in slide, inside trim pieces tape coming loose, just general sub par work.

But then after letting slide out and in a few times looked underneath and found where it is rubbing, has torn the under lining material, and the slide rubber seal is torn.

Told them I will not accept back. Tried calling keystone and left agent message and email.

Told the dealer GM I wanted a replacement, they should talk it over the weekend and give me the resolution Monday that this has gone on too long and it is time to get resolved.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Is it against forum rules to call out this dealer by name to warn others of their shoty service dept?
Old 01-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #27
Site Team

Just my opinion but I would wait until everything plays out. If the "dealer" were to see the post before then they could stop any effort to resolve this. As grandpa would say no need to rock a sinking boat wait till you get ashore before you shoot a hole in it.

Hopefully the dealer will make it right.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Just my opinion but I would wait until everything plays out. If the "dealer" were to see the post before then they could stop any effort to resolve this. As grandpa would say no need to rock a sinking boat wait till you get ashore before you shoot a hole in it.

Hopefully the dealer will make it right.
You're right. Thanks for that. I’ve been so dang nice so far it is just so frustrating and disappointing. We’ll wait till Monday and I’m calling to see what the resolution is.

Like I saw in another post on this forum, per Dalton on Road House, “be nice, until it is time not to be nice.” LOL
Old 01-18-2019, 09:52 PM   #29
Site Team

According to our Community rules, you can name the dealer you are having problems with.

Quote:
Dealer Pricing | Customer Disputes: Do not make posts about new coach pricing at various dealerships. These are private transactions between you and that dealer. This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

Have you used “RV Travel.com” as a resource? It is a weekly magazine with information on state lemon laws, etc. you might find it helpful.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #31
Weekend Camper

Hello all. Great news! Keystone and my dealer decided to buy back my camper at 100% the purchase price as a trade in for another keystone/crossroads camper.

So I’m going to go look at a Sunset Trail 291rk and a hideout within similar floor plan. Any input on quality of the Sunset Trail? How do you feel about the aluminum studs and build quality.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #32
Site Team

Glad that they are going to do something. The only problem I see is its the same dealer. What if you have more warranty work will they let you take it to another dealer. As grandpa always said "I wouldn't trust um any further then I could throw um" But that's just my opinion.

As to the other campers I can not speak to that as I do not own one. I will say the Cruiser I have has the aluminum studs roof trusses and floor joists and I have not had any problems. They are lighter and stronger than wood. But as with any camper going down the road you have to keep up on the maintenance.

Anyways good luck in your choice.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #33
Full Time Camper

Glad they finally stepped up and did the right thing. I’ve been lucky over the years and have gotten good ones with an occasional small thing. Hate you had 9-10 months of problems. Let’s hope the next is worry free.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote