Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
New Camper

Question New Zinger owners. Is this the norm?

Hello, all!

We are the new owners of a 2016 Zinger ZT32SB. We purchased the TT at an RV show in January 2016, and did our walk-through in late-January 2016. The dealer held/stored our TT until late-April when we picked it up and brought it home.

Since bringing it home, we have been fortunate to have two trips out (one week and then three nights) and we have done the infamous yamping (yard camping).

Being new TT owners, we have run into some problems and are now wondering if these are more than the norm for a brand new camper.

1) Water heater circuit board is faulty (occurred on June 13, day two of a seven day camping trip - we are still waiting on a new circuit board and have taken our second trip with no hot water ... still waiting)

2) Leaky antenna - when the antenna is raised, we have a leak in the rain. No leak if the antenna is down

3) Rust. For being a new travel trailer, it surprises me at how much rust is around the base of the unit.

3a) The rust is so bad that we had our propone line in the back for the outside kitchen break open three days ago, therefore, we cannot use the propane at all right now because the line is open.

4) Loose cable wiring - but thankfully, we were able to remove the bunk base and fix that ourselves with relative ease.

I think those are the main things. There are some other quirks that have come up, but knowing this is a travel trailer, it's not a home on a foundation, we expect those things!

Any help or guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be calling the dealer again tomorrow to check on the status of the circuit board and also to inquire into getting the propane line fixed. But I'm considering contacting Crossroads too, but wasn't sure if that's necessary at this time.

Thanks in advance! And I'm excited to be here!!

- Sarah

~2016 Crossroads Zinger ZT32SB
~2014 Dodge Ram 2500 HD

Nagbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagbin View Post
Hello, all!

1) Water heater circuit board is faulty (occurred on June 13, day two of a seven day camping trip - we are still waiting on a new circuit board and have taken our second trip with no hot water ... still waiting)

That is not an unusual problem, even tho it is very irritating and makes for a lot of inconveniance.

2) Leaky antenna - when the antenna is raised, we have a leak in the rain. No leak if the antenna is down

Have you been up on the roof to see if you can determine why it only leaks when it's up? Might be the little boot over the coax is not in place or cracked.

3) Rust. For being a new travel trailer, it surprises me at how much rust is around the base of the unit.

They probably transported your unit in the winter when there was salt on the roads.

3a) The rust is so bad that we had our propone line in the back for the outside kitchen break open three days ago, therefore, we cannot use the propane at all right now because the line is open.

I thought the propane line was black pipe. Hard to believe it would be rusted off in that short amount of time.
Has it been damaged some how?

4) Loose cable wiring - but thankfully, we were able to remove the bunk base and fix that ourselves with relative ease.

I think those are the main things. There are some other quirks that have come up, but knowing this is a travel trailer, it's not a home on a foundation, we expect those things!

Any help or guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be calling the dealer again tomorrow to check on the status of the circuit board and also to inquire into getting the propane line fixed. But I'm considering contacting Crossroads too, but wasn't sure if that's necessary at this time.

Thanks in advance! And I'm excited to be here!!

- Sarah
Welcome to the forum, and I hope all your problems get resolved quickly.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the quick reply, Lloyd!

As far as the propane line, it is black pipe. No damage that we know of, but it was cracked at the seam. On Monday morning, we turned on the tanks and were preparing to cook breakfast on the outside kitchen when it wouldn't light. Of course, after trying a couple times, then turning the propane off and inspecting everything, at the "T" the pipe had a gaping hole. :-( It was the "T" intersection with the fitting that leads to the quick-connect. Hope that makes sense! I can go out tomorrow and take a picture and post, which may help explain. Sorry about that.

As far as the antenna, we did go on the roof and all appears in tact. Another look-see, though, to compare to pictures and YouTube videos online is in order though!

Thanks again!

-Sarah

~2016 Crossroads Zinger ZT32SB
~2014 Dodge Ram 2500 HD

Nagbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guidance, new owner, rust, water heater, zinger