Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
New Camper

Hello everyone,I recentlly purchased a 201029ds zinger and was wondering if these units are satelite ready?I get no signal when i hook to the outside jack,but everything works fine when i hook direct through the windw.Also should the light illuminate on the control panel for my water heater when i turn on the the electrical switch.I usually run both swiches on but the light does not come on.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.
grew255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

The sat, you may have some wires that are disconnected inside the wall. If you can take it apart and check it out, others have said they had loose wires inside under the plate by the TV.

The water heater only needs one or the other switch to be on . One is for the gas to run the heater and the other is for the electric to run the heater.

If you have electricity you dont need to waste gas by running both. Although I have heard of people running both when they first get set up so that the water heats up faster, then they shut off the gas and just maintain the temp with the electric.

The light for the heater only comes on when the gas burner doesnt light correctly.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

The problem with the satellite TV is the Winegard plate inside the coach is not compatible with the signal from the satellite dish. You will need to rewire it (which is a real easy job) to allow it to work properly.

In a nut shell you make a pass through plate. Get a dual 75 ohm F connector wall plate (a wall plate with two coax connectors on it). Unhook the coax coming from the outside connector to the current wall plate and hook it to one of the F connectors on the new plate. This will essentially be a straight through connector that will work with your dish. The other connector will connect to the current Winegard plate.

If you want to watch campground cable you simply hook a small pass through loop cable to connect the two connectors together.

Here's a PDF on my Google Docs with pictures.This guy modded his current plate...

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pi...thkey=CJ3qt58L

I just bought a double headed plate at Lowes and mounted it next to the current one:

Hope this helps!!

Todd

Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the help,much appreciated.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for the link Todd,I went with the mod on the existing plate do to limited space and it worked great and quite simple to do.Thanks again.