Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
New Camper

Unhappy No heat - Fuse Blown 2012 Crossroads Zinger

Hello there,

Hoping someone on here had a similar issue or can point the way before i have a tech come out to the trailer.

Newer owner and first spring opening up our Trailer after winterizing last fall. Opened up no problems on Saturday and lost our heat Sunday mid morning. I take a look in the Power Center and Fuse no. 7 (labeled Trunk) lights up. If i try to replace 15amp fuse with another one it blows right away. I cant' make much sense out of it. the only other thing not working is the Stereo and i checked to see if the GFI plugs can be reset and no luck. Is there an Internal fuse somewhere that can replaced or something else to be reset ?
Zinger39bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Start in the trunk and check the exposed wires if any are accessible. The GFCI plugs are for 110v and the fuses are for 12 volt. The red light in the fuse panel comes on when a fuse blows. Hopefully someone with a camper like yours will jump in. Also in addition to the year and brand please include the model . You can add it to your signature then others will know what camper you have and provide better help. The problem with a short is that it could be anywhere and anything from a bad furnace to a bad light to a wire touching a source of ground.

When they wire the campers several things are on the same run or line. Like your furnace and stereo. also you can disconnect - one at a time- each thing that does not work then try the fuse to see if it still blows.

Good luck!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Start in the trunk and check the exposed wires if any are accessible. The GFCI plugs are for 110v and the fuses are for 12 volt. The red light in the fuse panel comes on when a fuse blows. Hopefully someone with a camper like yours will jump in. Also in addition to the year and brand please include the model . You can add it to your signature then others will know what camper you have and provide better help. The problem with a short is that it could be anywhere and anything from a bad furnace to a bad light to a wire touching a source of ground.

When they wire the campers several things are on the same run or line. Like your furnace and stereo. also you can disconnect - one at a time- each thing that does not work then try the fuse to see if it still blows.

Good luck!

I thought I did add in my sig but obviously not showing up. anyways its same as my username, I believe its a Zinger 39BH . I was doing a bit of searching and seems some folks had issues with a Fuse in the Thermostat. I will drop by the dealer tomorrow and talk to the Techs .
Zinger39bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

There is a fuse on the back of the radio too.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #5
New Camper

RV Tech told me there's a good chance the problem is coming from the battery or cables etc.

I drive out there tonight and and put a tester on the battery and sure enough it Tests "DEAD" ..

We will see if we can charge but I assume Ill be driving back out there with a new one (my RV is always connected to direct power in season so the converter should of been charging it)

more to come later this week.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Not sure how a dead battery causes a fuse to blow. Please let us know the fix.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Not sure how a dead battery causes a fuse to blow. Please let us know the fix.

me neither, Dealership tells me it might very well cause the problem, will do more testing on it today. right now I will likely going back to test with a different battery and go from there.