Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just got back from my maiden trip with new Zinger 29BH. Worked out some bugs, but had problem with oven pilot flame. Tried everything I knew to do a. lit all stove top burners and ran to get all potential air out of line. b. was successful once and turned to highest heat level but never able to get to work on many more attempts. c. pilot would not stay lit once knob fully released from being pressed in. d. sometimes would stay lit for a few seconds but would shut off. Could hear a faint "click" when the pilot or flame would shut off. Techs at Camping World hadn't had experience with that problem, since unit is new. Could it be a bad thermostat or what ???

Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Check thermocouple (It is a brass bulb looking thing that detects the flame if you don't alreadyknow). If it is bad, propane safety cuts gas flow. I'm suprised they didn't check or change it.
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
New Camper

Definitely a thermocouple issue. Make sure the flame is reaching the tip of the themocouple. If it is, you need to try a new thermocouple.

Leesville,SC
ed6163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

There was some talk about this a long time ago. The fix was to take the knob off and push in the cennter section of the nub where you took the knob off, I use the knob it self to push it in.

The thouhgtn was that the knob was made in such a way that it was not letting the valve be pushed in as far as needed. I can try to better explain it if you dont understand. I can light ours every time now this way.
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote