Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We bought our zinger 2013 zt28bh and I spent a lot of time with the dealer we came to an agreement of a price it was listed with a msrp of 31,299 and got it for 20,000 OTD with electronic brake system and sway bars was this a good deal or should we have spent more time shopping our first Tt maybee just a case of buyers remorse as we do not have it yet! also when doing the financing there was a pdi sheet signed was I in informed when signing this as we will go over the Tt when we pick up as I was told by the dealer any worries?????
Charbgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sounds like a good deal, especially if you are happy. I would not sign anything that wasn't absolutely necessary until you are ready to take delivery and have performed a thorough PDI and are satisfied with the units condition.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

The trick to feeling good about what you paid is if you feel you paid a fair price and the dealership made a fair profit.Most hope for 25-30% off msrp which you did better than. That said there is no set msrp by the manufacturer. Feel good. Enjoy your TT once you take delivery!

Do not hand over any money until you have completed the pdi to your satisfaction and they have repaired everything to your satisfaction. Make them show you how to do everything, if it oens, closes, moves or turns on then it needs to be operated during pdi. Have them show you and you return the demo. Even have them show you how to winterized and dewinterize. Have them show you hook up process and unhitched process. Then take it entirely off the ball, put it back on and return their demonstration. Practice this step again at home. Check all caulking, crawl up on the roof and check it out too.Videotape the whole pdi as they will throw a lot of info at you, this will be your reference manual later.Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I think you did well on the price,
I have seen prices all over the board. When I got mine last year I was about 70% of list, plus the usual extras (battery, tank,LP fill, Sewer hose,). Looks like you did better than that.
I am glad you posted what you paid, I hope others do also. It gives people a chance to know what the going rate is and where. Plus, if the dealer is good, give them credit and others may drive a distance to get a good deal, at a good dealer.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I thank all that posted I called today and talked to the finance dept they said that there is more paperwork to sign when we pick up the Tt but I have already paid the first monthly payment and I feel CR will stand by thier product there may or may not be issues but we love the trailor and will deal with what comes up as long as it is not to major we are 2004 chevy 3/4 ton hd 6.0 with a zt28bh zinger as well as 89 ski natique 351 livin life while we breath thanks all I feel much better about the zinger
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Congratulations! It sounds like you made the dealer work for your money. The sad thing is they're still making profit off of the final sale price. If you didn't negiotiate, imagine the profit they would make.
When we were shopping we were looking at an SOB and the dealer said it was on sale from $52k down to $48k. We almost pulled the trigger on it, did some shopping called around and another dealer offered the same unit for $35k. Called the original dealer and he said he could beat that price too! We eventually got the price down to $32k. Thats $20k down from the original price!! We ended up with our crossroads unit, but I really opened my eyes to the pricing of these units.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Funny right these days money only maters to the one who pays the monthly bill
Old 03-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

You likely did well on price. We bought our Zinger @ Sirpilla and their pricing is quite fair when compared nationally. Enjoy (if the $#% snow ever goes away)!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Sir pills is who we did business with as we'll any feedback on customer support?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
New Camper

Charbgd it all depends on the options included in the cost as well. We ordered our ZT28BH in February and pick it up this coming Friday from the dealer. Our total OTD was just under $19000. This did not include a hitch though as we have one of those. One nice thing is that when the dealer told us earlier this week that the unit was in they stated it is a 2014 model instead of the 2013 that was originally ordered. Hopefully everyone is correct and there were no changes as we liked what we had ordered.</span>

aabshagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

We have been fortunate enough to not need customer support. Others I know are happy, but like any dealer you have to keep on them to make sure things happen.
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabshagen
Charbgd it all depends on the options included in the cost as well. We ordered our ZT28BH in February and pick it up this coming Friday from the dealer. Our total OTD was just under $19000. This did not include a hitch though as we have one of those. One nice thing is that when the dealer told us earlier this week that the unit was in they stated it is a 2014 model instead of the 2013 that was originally ordered. Hopefully everyone is correct and there were no changes as we liked what we had ordered.</span>

BE PREPARED. There may be small changes, or significant ones. One lesson learned with our Zinger is that we will NOT order another trailer if possible. We understand Crossroads can change anything at anytime, and Sirpilla was at no fault - but our Zinger was an "SE" model (same floorplan is now a "Z-1"). The trailer we received on delivery was VERY different than the one we looked at. All-in-all, we are happy with the unit, but we almost didn't take delivery because of the changes.
2014 Zinger 32QB
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
New Camper

Well we did pickup the trailer yesterday and did not notice any major changes. I think a few cosmetic ones like the lights above the dinette are a new style. Overall we are very happy with the purchase. We did fine one thing that we didn't notice during our inspection. One of the cupboard doors above the couch is no in line with the other. Looking at it the screws appear to be stripping out from the backing probably due to the pressure from the opening arm on that side. Will probably talk to our dealer about it on Monday and see what they say at this point. Do not want to make the hour drive just for that at this point though.

aabshagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I suggest you fix the minor stuff, especially cabinets, yourself. Luckily, my father-in-law is into woodworking and I have some basic knowledge of the craft. Most technicians at a dealer are ill equipped to fix a stripped out screw hole with a oak splinter and set with Gorilla glue....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

I think you did fine but not great on your deal because you are in Ohio near where they produce the trailers. My MSRP was $31,309 and I was just under $20k for mine in Colorado including an electric tongue jack and anti-sway hitch installed. I was quoted $1,200 less than this for the same setup if I picked it up in your neck of the woods. Enjoy the trailer- my maiden voyage is in 3 weeks!
dumars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

I noticed there was a swing in price from state to state but what are you going to do we still pay less in state taxes than California guess you got to pick your battles
Old 07-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #17
New Camper

i just bought a 2014 zinger 28bh upgraded options:

alloy wheels

rear ladder

50 amp upgrade

15,000 btu a/c

Brake Controller

equalizer sway bar

Paid 21750 OTD thought it was a good deal.