Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

My 25SB Zinger sits high off the ground and the scissor jacks don't reach the ground. I know about those yellow and orange stacking blocks to put under them but I wondered if there was something else folks know about that might collapse or expand to put under the stabilizing jacks. At home, I use a concrete block but I don't want to carry that weight and wood blocks take up so much room. I thought there might be something made that had a wide top and bottom but that expanded and collapsed when not in use?
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Site Team

I understand your not wanting to add to the weight, but, just remember, the more scissor joints you get, the more it will enhance the wiggle/movement of the trailer.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

You make a good point. Hadn't thought of that. Guess it's the yellow or orange stacking blocks then. <grin>
Old 11-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Jim, something else to consider is if you have a lot of movement when camping, scissor jacks are not the best item to alleviate this. I replaced my jacks with new "3-point" jacks from BAL. They come is 18 and 24" sizes and made a big difference in amount of coach movement while camped. As mentioned above, the more you extend the jacks the more movement you will have.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Was never really happy with the factory installed scissor jacks because of the movement of the trailer no matter how much or how little I extended them. Installed Steadyfast stabilizers before this last season of around 80 nights out. Best thing I've done stability wise. No more heavy duty rock n roll (except for when we're dancing in the trailer to the Stones).

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

How do you include a picture of your rig in your signature? I assume your picture of camper and truck is part of your signature???
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

On a previous trailer I had the same problem. I carried 2 pieces of 6" dia. PVC pipe about 8" long or so. Place pipe on end and put a piece of 2 X 6 layed on top and put this under the jacks.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I know you think the wood blocks take up too much room, but it really isn't that much. We use two 4x6 blocks cut to about 10 or 12" long (I don't remember exactly how long DH had them cut) under each jack. It equals 8 of them and we stack them in the pass thru. Stacked they really don't take up much room. We also screwed little metal handles on them to make them easier to move around.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

I use two Jack stands. They adjust also so I have a good throw between the two of them

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote