Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
New Camper

So bought a 2011 zinger out for the second time and my slide out stuck lucky we got home ok what i need to know has anyone come up with the right answer as to the problem i see other people have the same problm. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution. so when i go back to the dealer i can tell them what needs to be done

thanks

doghouse
Old 07-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Your dealer should weld or bolt a plate on the frame that will prevent the slide bell from getting stuck. From what I understand that is the correct repair for the problem.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
New Camper

thank you for your response i will try and let you know how it turns out
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

On my 2006 Cruiser Had to change a gear unit (100.) because the gear jumped a tooth a few times and broke one. I think the problem is not enough weight on the gear itself,and too much on the floor of the fifth. I figure that at no time the black nylon rollers on each side of each gear should be impossible to roll with the fingers. I would appreciate any comment from people who tinkered with this. Thanks
denism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Mine did the same thing. For the past year I bring the slide all the way in then give it a single bump out on the switch. So far, this has worked well.
There is a manual crank but be careful, the rod is thin tubed and does not take a lot of pressure.
I agree with SKing, there appears to be a design flaw.

Would Crossroads put out a recall if this is the case???
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I had same problem with my 31sb about a year ago, they adjusted the bell housing and it has worked fine for about 10 times since then, but I always cross my fingers when extending. I like the idea of Captain Mike about bumping it back out, but would check to make sure it is closed enough to avoid any leaking. The manuel crank is a joke, I was afraid I would break something by using it.

Michael and Shirley Kite

2011 Nissan Frontier

2011 Zinger 310SB

2007 Bailey the Meanie Weenie

2011 Zoey the Dapple Weenie
Apilldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

OMG, we were plagued with a slide issue after driving 13 hours to Disney. I found myself on my back with the lizzards and armadillos manually pushing that slide out. Of course the thin tubing twisted in half because it was rusted so I had to cut a hole in the bottom of the insulation and use pliers to turn the motor. We have since replaced the thin tubes with a decent piece of steel and put a hex head at the end for a ratchet in the event we have to back it out again. Crossroads really went the cheap route when it came to that part of the trailer.

2010 Zinger 31SB
tabrown2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
New Camper

We had a problem with the rear slide from the day we got it. It would get stuck in as well as out (we had to crank it). The first time we complained, the dealer said they fixed it, but it happened again the entire next season. We brought it back again, and the dealer had to have LIPPERT--the slide manufacturer, come from somewhere out west to fix it. The problem had something to do with the track that was attached to the slide supposedly.
luvpurple221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to mikep-sc
To the best of your knowledge, have theslide-outissues reported here been resolved through engineering changes made to the 2013 model lineup? Nothing worst than being under pressure to leave a site and having slide-out issues. Worst than that, having to lay on the ground to hand crank the unit.

Thanks
mikep-sc is offline   Reply With Quote