Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
New Camper

I trying to get my 2006 ZT-300 BH up and running for the summer. When I winterized it last fall everything was working fine. I got it out a few days ago and some of the 120V outlets are not working. The GFI in the bathroom area, the microwave, the refer, and the outdoor outlets all work fine. None of the other outlets work and I can't figure out why. Other threads / forums have suggested that there would be 2-3 GFIs on a trailer like this. The only one I can find is the one by the bathroom sink and it works fine. The plug for the fridge (checked through the outside access panel) is not a GFI and appears to be operating the fridge properly. None of the breakers are tripped and I have flipped them off and back on, no luck. There are no obvious problems with any of the electrical wires and nothing appears different from when I put it away last fall.

Anyone have any ideas where any other GFI plugs would be? Any other suggestions??

Thanks for the help!
jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

In the kitchen area check for outlets on the underside of upper cabinets. We have one like that and it is a GFI.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Is the outside plug possibly a GFI as well?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Yes it would be
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Maybe a bad connection with oxidation/corrosion over the winter causing the problem. Check the wire at the breaker first, I've had one instance where the wire was inserted behind the lug rather than thru it. It still made contact and worked for several years. Second, check the wires at each outlet, the slip in type connections are very unreliable compared to screw connections. Finally, check the wire nuts, sometimes a wire will break inside the wire nut and still make connection for some time.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for all the help folks. And the winner is.....................Dalemac377.

Silly me, I plugged my coffee maker into that thing for over 2 years and i forgot about it. I'm tall enough that I can't see it unless I bend down since it is on the bottom of the cabinet.

The outside plug says it is ground fault protected but I can't see how.

New GFCI under the cabinet and I'm good to go!
jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote