Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
New Camper

I have a 2009 Zinger 26BL that I purchased in October of '09.

We've had two good trips, overall, have been impressed with initial quality.

However, I have noticed that sidewalls of all four tires have more cracks than I can count. Does anyone know if this is something I should be concerned with? I have approx. 3000 miles on them.

I'm relatively new to the "RV World", so if anyone has any suggestions or feedback I would appreciat it - Thanks.
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We had the same problem in 2007 had all 5 replaced under warrenty. They replaced 250,000 tires that year. I guess china didn't learn anything.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

tires usually crack from UV lite or a bad cure, the tires on my PP cracked, and I kept them covered all the time, I just junked all the chineese crap and bought some LT tires and changed them all, easier and cheaper to replace them from home than have trouble on the side of the road..

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I'm so feed up with all the PoS tires that the RV mfg's put on their units. I would be willing to pay an extra few $100 not to deal with it. Our first trailer had the same problem with sidewall cracking in a year. Duro was the mfg. tried saying it was from the sun. Which was impossible because the unit sat in the shade all the time, and my car tires which are in the sun all the time didn't have the issue. Now the tires (Mission) on our Cruiser need to be replaced as they are cracking too. I don't want replacements I want to be compensated as I know the replacements will have issues too. Which leads to the next issue do I go with Goodyear Marathons or upgrade the rim to 16" and go LT? I'm not sure. It's just sad.....

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

We had the tires replaced on our Zinger. And within a year we had 2 of them blow out and the other 2 had cracks in the sidewalls. I replaced all 4 with Goodyears and have had no issues. We had Goodyears on our old trailer for over 11 years and only replaced themdue tothey were worn out. I would replaceyour tires with something better before you use your trailer again, it is better to be safe then sorry.

2003 Excursion (his)

2000 Excursion (hers)

2006 Zinger 32QB
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
New Camper

I have a 2010 Zinger 19RD bought in May 2009. Went to get it ready for the first spring trip after being parked for two months and noticed the Duro tires were cracked. Took it to the dealer and they said all tires should be replaced. E-mailed Crossroads and after sending pictures and tire details they are replacing all tires. They offered to replace the current tires with radials if I would pay for the installation.

Crossroads was very responsive and helpful in dealing with this.
Karen1969 is offline   Reply With Quote