Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Ok so I had my ZInger 32QB delivered with a full fresh water tank. Now it is down to 1/4 full (according to the light panel only one light is on). Went to fill it today and I couldn't get water into the Fresh Water Connection. I had a water tank with a transfer utility pump but it just wouldn't go into the unit.

Note: utility pump works because if I disconnect the hose from the camper (fresh water connection), water easily pushed through it. Furthermore I removed the washer that has the screen from the fresh water connection. Then I reconnected hose from transfer pump and water would spray out but not go into tank. This is why I am pretty sure that it stops at entry for whatever reason. I had the water pump on at first but then turned off and it diddn';t make a difference (wouldn't have expected it too).

Any thoughts??????? Running out of water soon! Thanks in advacne.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Site Team

There is an anti siphon valve in there. Sounds like it is defective. Dealer will fix or you could do it yourself.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
New Camper

It sounds to me like you are trying to add water through the city water hookup, rather than through the water tank filler. Look for another place to pour the water in!
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden
It sounds to me like you are trying to add water through the city water hookup, rather than through the water tank filler. Look for another place to pour the water in!

X2
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I agree with Braden. If you are trying to fill your fresh water tank through the city water hookup that is not going to work. You need to find the cap for the tank fill and add your water there.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Check curbside beyond stairs toward rear of trailer for freshwater fill cap. () A link to a vide describing that model
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Ok so they mislabeled the 2 water sources. I can't believe it! Now that I take a step back why would you put the city water connector on the front of the camper and always have the hose to trip over??????

Getting new stickers from Crossroads. Looking forward to trying this weekend to confirm that the installer couldn't read!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Ok; it is official. I was pumping the water into the City Connection and Not the fresh water tank. Yes, I can read. The manufacturer put the stickers on the wrong connections! Thanks all for your help. Yes, my fresh tank is now full once again.

P.S. - Crossroads is suppose to send me new labels but I still haven't received them.