Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

New Zinger 25SB, front and rear entry. Rear Kitchen. As soon as you come in the rear door, the dinette is to your right. Dinette is bench seats. Get the picture?
We had pouring rain last night for a couple hours. Went in the rig today and found water on the floor. Traced the origin to under the bench seat near the entry door, just below the water fill port. Could not see that the wall was wet or that water came in the water fill connection. Only the floor was wet, not the wall. Not sure the origin. Climbed the roof and saw nothing there that gave me a clue. This unit is brand new and I think this is the first driving rain we've seen but I'm sure it sat out in the rain at the dealer since it's a 2011 model. We'll see what the next rain storm brings but I'm afraid most storms will be that white stuff for this season.
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Is there a vent above? Or maybe the A/C unit if it was a real hard driving rain?

If you can check it when it is sunny and snow is melting on the roof, maybe you can find a drip if you have a problem.
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Was it a driving rain against that side of the trailer? Could be rain blown in around the entry door seal. All units have air leaks and differences in air pressure will force water both uphill and around the air leak. Also, with even a slight tilt, water could seep under the dinette and remain there longer that at the entry point. Food for thought.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the hints. Yes, it was a driving rain and on that side of the camper. But the walls were not wet and I could not tell if water had come down between the inner and outer wall.
I'll have to do as you guys recommend and see what happens.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

There is a vent in the dining area and the A/C is there but they are in the middle of the coach and not near the wall where I found the water. But, you never know with water, it travels in lots of funny highways.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I know I found water on the floor around the wall by our bathroom and rear bunks after a heavy rain one time. It never recurred. Vent was closed and we have the Max Air covers on. We think it was a fluke. We had water dripping from our pack n play door, appeared to come from inside it again, this was a one time thing. Our door sometimes doesn't close right so we think it might not have been tight. These water things can worry you to do death because of what they can potentially mean. We still watch for it almost a year later but haven't seen any evidence of recurrence or entry point. Hopefully yours is just as much of a fluke.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Horseman
Thanks for the hints. Yes, it was a driving rain and on that side of the camper. But the walls were not wet and I could not tell if water had come down between the inner and outer wall.
I'll have to do as you guys recommend and see what happens.

If that is the case, I would suspect the bottom door seal, especially at the corners. But it could also leak anywhere around the seal and run out at the floor. Again, differential air pressure between the two sides of the trailer will force water over and around seals. Maybe the door latch needs adjusting to keep the seal compressed better?

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Boy, bottom door seal? The water I found was not near the door. But, all you folks have given me a lot of hints and I will investigate each one. Thanks; hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I've been on the road since 6 AM and just arrived at my destiination at 3:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Glad you made it safely. Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Poured rain real hard last night, again. It was a drenching rain but not wind blown like the first time. Today, floor is bone dry.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
New Camper

Have a zinger 26rl 30 ft pull trailer with water coming in on the floor next to fridge. No water marks under fridge. called repair man, roof looks good and seals ok. said it might be screws holding awning and cleared away some crap on awning. said wait for rain to see if leaking, it was a bad rain in galveston texas where we are for the winter. coach is still under warranty but difficult to get to the dealer when they are in Houston and we are living in the coach. Hope the repair man is right, He will be back to take down the awning and replace the screws
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Call Randy he might get a mobile man to come to the site, might all so give you an idea where it could be coming from

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote