Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Water leaking under the rear and rear sides siding

**This all was happening between 11:30-midnight tonight.**

The water spigot at our spot is almost a full blast on or a trickle.

To the spigot I connected, a Hi Flow Water Regulator, then connected a Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose, then connected a Camco TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector, then flushed the hose, etc., then shut off the spigot, and finally connected to the city water connection at the rear of the RV, the turned the spigot on full blast.

While connecting the sewer hose, I noticed some water leaking off the corner edge of the siding. I put my finger just under the back side lip of the siding and could feel it was full of water. My wife noticed the same on the non-slide (passenger) side (if there are proper terms for the sides like with boats [starboard/port], please educate me). We shut off the spigot immediately. Next we opened the outside shower at the rear (which is just below the city water connection), and it was obvious there had been water in there.

We are leaving the spigot off until morning. And hopefully by then, you smarties will have some info for me. If anyone is available and wants to help further, I wouldn't say no to a FaceTime call (feel free to PM me).

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cuevrojamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

I was having problems the last time out. I had a leak inside the camper under the bed. I started out at the pump with the regulator, hose, and water filter connected to the camper. I reversed all of this with the regulator screwed into the camper, hose and water filter at the source. The leaking stopped.

I guess I get a better connection at the city connector screwing in the regulator. I don't understand why the order made a difference, but it did. good luck drying out.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan View Post
I was having problems the last time out. I had a leak inside the camper under the bed. I started out at the pump with the regulator, hose, and water filter connected to the camper. I reversed all of this with the regulator screwed into the camper, hose and water filter at the source. The leaking stopped.

I guess I get a better connection at the city connector screwing in the regulator. I don't understand why the order made a difference, but it did. good luck drying out.

That appears to stop the leaking! Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cuevrojamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

In opinion throw that so called regulator away, they are notorious for not working properly, & get an adjustable household type regulator & put it on the spigot the filter then hose to rv.
Also that fitting that you connect to on the rv has a check valve built in it that can & does go bad & leak.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote