Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
New Camper

Anyone have any advice or what to look out for when winterizing my 2013 31SB.. This is the first time i've ever done this.. Not really too sure what to do.. I did watch the guy during our walkthrough show me but that was months ago.. Anyone know of a instruction video on it?? Thanks

Jay

2013 Zinger 31sb
honkonmybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Hey Jay,

I did mine for the first time last year and it was not too difficult.

You will need to remove 2 panels (1) will be at your feet just right of the sink that is where your pump is located and the other will be across from your bathroom next to your dinette. You will want to turn your bypass valve on your Hot water tank so no antifreeze enters the hot water tank. Be sure to empty your fresh water tank, i even like to dump a little antifreeze in there to make sure any water in there does not freeze, others may have different opinions. Make sure to empty your hot water tank as well. I like to go through and open all my spigots to get any water out of the lines, they even sell a device to hook up an air hose and blow the water out but watch doing this that you do not blow out a line. Turn off your spigots. Where your pump is located you will find an open ended hose, open your jug of antifreeze and stick the hose in it turn the valve so it sucks from the jug and turn on your water pump on your control panel, you will probably need 2 to 3 gallons but have a 4th just in case. Once you pump a gallon or so of antifreeze go around to your spigots and open them up until you see the antifreeze start coming through, you want to see a good rich pink color. Be sure to get your outside kitchen, outside shower, bath tub, toilet and all sinks. I think if you go on Youtube you will find videos showing this, may not show our 31 SB but they are very similar.

Good luck!

Edited by: luvtocamp7

F-150 ECOBOOST 31SB ZINGER

https://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps08c83b98.jpg

luvtocamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
New Camper

Agree with above with exception of fresh water tank, although it wont hurt so its up to you. When I got my 31sb I was not told where the pump and tank bypass was but not being new to tt I found them fast. Just remember to drain and bypass water heater before pumping in anti freeze, my first winterization I got some in the tank and it took forever to get it flushed out. My crossroads owners manual also has a good explanation of how to winterize.

2013 Zinger ZT 31SB
customdog24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

;od advice above. I wouldn't worry much about the holding tanks as they have room for expansion.

Just remember the blank tank flush, your fresh water inlet, and exterior shower.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

One other thing I might add, Unscrew your shower heads and make sure no water is in them.

F-150 ECOBOOST 31SB ZINGER

https://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps08c83b98.jpg

luvtocamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote