Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
New Camper

I have a Zinger 29DB and we trip one of our breakers all the time. I was reading posts on the AC breaker tripping and how to fix the problem. When I opened the panel in the camper to see where my ac breaker was its on the bottom and is 20 amps. my issue is when we have the AC running and we try to use something else it trips the circuit and the AC goes off, but when we open the panel to reset it the circuit that is tripped isn't the AC it's the one that has the label front
on it and it's 15 amps. also its connected to the main 30 amp like they are 1 breaker. so my question. Is the AC hooked up to this 15 amp breaker and not the 20 amp that says AC and if that's the case how do we fix this.
reenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

By your description, it sounds like the wires to the breakers are either wired or labled incorrectly. It is pretty easy to check for all this and fix it,but if you have to ask how, maybe you should get someone more qualified to do the checking. Not trying to insult you in any way but caution must be taken to do this correctly and experience really counts when working with electrical panels.

I would start by turning each breaker off one at a time and looking to see just what plugs or lights or appliance is turned off. You may have more than two wires crossed. If switching wires, make sure you don't place a wire on a breaker rated too high for the circuit. This is where a electrician needs to help. Make sure power is off to the rig before digging into the panel! Hope this helps.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
New Camper

thanks, your right I don't play with anything electrical and will have a friend take look at it. I just wanted to know if maybe that was a possibility.
reenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Let us know what you find . My bet is the ac is on the 15 amp breaker.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote