Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to h2opumper
We've been set up for almost a month now and for the most part everything is going good. We've done a few tweaks and have a few warranty issues to correct. Some of the tweaks were:</span>
  1. Install some counter-top outlets with wiremold instead of just having the one mounted in the upper cabinet.</span>
  2. Put in splash guards in the tub corners since water was running out alongside the edges.</span>
  3. Installed an outlet in the cubby hole below the TV for phone chargers. There was a wire there with plenty of extra.</span>
  4. Added the wingman antenna booster,</span>
  5. Pitched the mattress this morning for a full-size queen home mattress from our spare room, which I have yet to sleep on; it's gotta be better. I might have to extend the foundation a bit, next weekend will tell that part of the story.</span>
  6. Reconnected the cable-in connection to accept a satellite and make it feed through to the bunkhouse.</span>
  7. Reconnected the television properly to the Jensen head unit to play ALL TV audio, and not just DVD, through the ceiling speakers;I did have to trim some of the TV mounting plate away to access the RCA plugs I needed on the Sansui TV. I have yet to make the DVD play through the TV though. I know how to do it, but I'm going to confront that issue under warranty since an upgraded head unit will do it seemingly. </span>
  8. Installed a piece of garden fence on the top bunk so our daughter doesn't have an accident and roll off in the middle of the night. She asked me to do that.</span>
  9. I have a hitch waiting to be installed for pulling our boat, but I'm waiting to get some road miles on the unit before I void my frame warranty.</span>
We do have some minor warranty issues. Some paneling popped off, a couple doors could use some alignment, bad latches, and some body molding isn't quite right. Nothing detrimental to keep us from our fun.

My two peeves are the steep steps going into the master bedroom and an outlet that was place behind the sliding door in the bunk house. The steps are a hard fix, but the outlet could have been placed better, and still might be if I get creative since I'm an electrical contractor.
h2opumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
New Camper

What are your ideas on getting the DVD sound to play through the TV? It appears on the Jensen unit that it only takes audio in from the TV to play through the ceiling speakers. I don't see an audio out that I can connect to the TV. If we are watching a DVD in the bedroom it does no good to be playing the sound through the entire trailer.
seefour123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I am thinking that a line out converter connected to the speaker switch C and feed it into the inputs on the TV should do the trick. The TV mounting plate on the Sansui set did cover some of the TV ports, namely the audio out. I trimmed the plate to access those jacks so now I can have the TV play through the ceiling speakers.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

The line out converter works
Old 06-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefour123
What are your ideas on getting the DVD sound to play through the TV? It appears on the Jensen unit that it only takes audio in from the TV to play through the ceiling speakers. I don't see an audio out that I can connect to the TV. If we are watching a DVD in the bedroom it does no good to be playing the sound through the entire trailer.
My simple fix was I bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player thats only 7" by 7" and fits on a shelf next to the TV. Drilled a hole in the side of the cabinet and ran an HDMI to the TV. Now I have 1080 res. and sound to whichever speakers I want.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote