Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
New Camper

My family is shopping for a bunk house and are looking to stay under 30'. We are looking at the Zinger 26BL. We can't seem to find any reviews for this model and were hoping to hear from other 26BL owners as to their opinion(s) of this model. Thank you!

seefour123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have the 26BL and love it. It has had a couple of minor things repaired under warranty. No issues getting that covered. We have camped approximately 44 nights in it since we bought it Jan 2011. We have been to RV shows since we bought it and have not seen anything that would make us want to trade it in. We did do a few modifications to it... we added a power tongue jack, put on Maxair vent covers,put in lots of hooks for things and some shelves to the closets.

In terms of length, this trailer is exactly 30 ft rear bumper to ball. It does not tow easily. Ours weighs in right around 7000 lbs loaded and ready to camp. We notice it needs to be loaded tongue heavy to reduce sway (even with a good quality hitch set up). Wehave calculated that we have a loaded tongue weight of somewherebetween 910 lbs and 1050 lbs. It was too much trailer for our old Armada because it put us over on payload and pushed us all over the road (and down a mountain), but tows beautifully behind our F250. Just make sure you have a beefy enough TV to handle it and you will love this trailer.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #3
New Camper

We have a 2500HD, and I think my husband said it can tow up to 10,000 or 10,500, so I think we are good as far as our TV goes. Thanks for the info about sway. Can you tell me what minor things you needed to have repaired under warranty? I just want to be prepared! Thanks so much!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

You will be fine w/ the 2500HD. I upgraded to an F250 and have had no problems since (although the real test comes in the mountains in October). So far we have had a hole in the carpet repaired, drawers under dinette realigned (present on PDI), clip on awning arm broke when we tried to disconnect from the TT to put the arms on the ground, and the little plastic outside door holder had snapped in the cold. All were repaired/fixed no questions asked. the awning clip may have been due to user error and it may not have been. It was the claw like piece that hooks in. For the carpet, they removed that whole piece and replaced it so it stayed all one piece instead of piecing it together. We would have been willing to replace the door holder on our own but had trouble finding the right part near us and we were taking the TT in for the carpet anyways. The carpet, door hook and drawers were taken care of in the first couple months we owned the TT. The awning clipwas last october. No problems on any of these items since they were fixed.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for your help. We are going to the Hershey PA RV Show next week and are leaning heavily toward the 26BL. There just aren't many floor plans like it, with all the storage, inside and out. Thanks so much for all your help!!! Happy Camping!!