Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Recently bought a Zinger 28 BH which is going on its maiden voyage this weekend. I was told that to properly de-winterize I will need to flush the anti-freeze out of the system and open the 3 low point drains under the trailer. Does anyone know where they are located? Also, I was told that I should open the valve on the hot water heater bypass (found it in a panel in the front queen bed area) and check the valve on the water pump. Crossroads believes that the water pump may be located under the stove somewhere but wasn't sure. Can anyone explain the purpose of the valve on the water pump?

Also, I want to install a 32" TV in the entertainment center that flips to the front bedroom. What size lag bolt should I use?

Thanks!
dumars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

can't help with the TV but can help with the rest. Look outside your trailer, you will see a panel where your water heater is located. On the 26 BL it is located on the passenger side between the kitchen and bunks. open up that panel and make sure your hot water heater drain plug is screwed in tight ( putting plumbers tape on the threads is a good idea). next look underneath the trailer in that same area. you are looking for 2 plastic nipples that hang down, these are your low point drains (one for hot and one for cold). Open the caps and run the remaining pink stuff out of them and then close. Run the water through all the taps and the toilet until all pink stuff is gone. When inside your trailer look along the wall near the floor for a panel that is screwed on with 4 little screws. it will be right about where you found the drain access panel outside. Open that up and you should find the hot water heater and water pump. once all the pink stuff is out of the lines, flip the valves to let water into the hot water heater. The valves should be currently closed to keep the water/antifreeze out of your hot water heater. Open these and allow this to fill. once it is filled then turn on your hot water heater, you don't want to heat an empty tank as it can burn out your filaments. Also loosening the drain plug to see if the heater is filling is not a good idea. Don't ask me how I learned, er know this.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
New Camper

For the TV, I used the supplied wood screws that came with the wall mounting bracket. You don't need to drill right through the panel, as there is some wood blocking within the panel. I've had no issues.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
New Camper

I used the screws that came with the mounting unit too. I found what felt like a solid studor braceby tapping onthe wallwith my finger and it screwed in real tight.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I contacted Crossroads and they told me that the plywood is only 1/4" thick in the TV area. That seems to contradict what others have done since most mounts come with 1"+ lag bolts. Hmmmm..
dumars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
New Camper

The low point drains for my 28BH are located just to the left of the steps for the bathroom. They extend down from the floor between the frame and outer sheeting. I only have 2 drains though, unless there is a 3rd somewhere I don't know about. I recently installed a 26" LED TV and I used 3/4" lags with no problem.
Jguetch is offline   Reply With Quote