Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
We have seen so many negative comments on the Zinger and we just purchased a ZT33FK. Did we do the right thing by buying this unit? We really liked the floor plan and the looks of this interior and exterior finish but we are now very unsure about our purchase. Crossroads was as we were informed a very reputable manufacturer of RV's so we went this way. Please tell us we we did not make a big mistake. We have had motor homes in the past with no problems and this is only our second TT purchase. Our first TT was a Keystone and had no major issues with it or at least none that they did not look after.
Thank you for any info.
denlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Only time will tell.....I have a Cruiser and it has been great with very few issues. I have seen a lot of issues with all of the Crossroads lines of latebut then there are also a lot of people that have had very few problems. Remember, people with problems will post them here but people who are happy and satisfied will not. If you treat your rig well with proper maintenance it should last a long time.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I can say that so far crossroads has honored every warranty issue I have had. So far all have been little issues. We run out of warranty next month.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Thank you for your reply. We feel the same way as you that if you look after a unit it will be good to you.
Have a very merry Christmas and may you and yours enjoy a happy new year as well.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Coming up on our first year with our Zinger and not one problem.

I do think there are units out there no matter what the brand that have issues with them. Problem is that everyone starts threads telling us what a ripoff a particular (every brand) brand is and the service support is a pain but very few people start a thread telling us, "hey, we went camping a thousand miles away for 2 weeks and did not have one single issue!" Every hobby has the same pattern as this whether it be motorcycles, boats, cars forums.

If you look for problems you will find them....look for the good things and look forward to the good times!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Well said Scotty,

on Dec 21, we got the st 32fr and love it.
steve k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Thanks Scott, and when you do realize the tens of thousands of units out there and the number that post negatively, it is minute. I did build a negativism toward a certain brand and then after further investigation found the same thing about them that I have found about Crossroads. A great deal has to do with your dealer and how they treat you, and a great deal has to do with a few things that may be small, and a few things have to do with bigger issues. What we never seem to realize is that sometimes first time owners may drive a bit too fast, or a little too erratically on those campground roads. Units are not meant to bend very much, and I personally have seen people who do not pay attn to things like this. I think if you take care of the unit it will pay you back in kind. Yes, there will be lemons, but if there are, take them back to the factory and be done with it. JMHO....Merry Christmas

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I agree, I got rid of a Trail cruiser, which we did have a lot of fun times with. I saw Zinger at a camping show, I loved the build. I had my share of problems with floor needing to be replaced, water leaks, electrical issues. It seemed like something was always going wrong. We traded that , picked up the ZT29BH, we love it. Everything about it! Had a problem with the suspension, and axles, CR and Campers Inn took care of the issues. I would proudly recommend both of these parties for campers. Like some of the others said, yes you can get a lemon. These are all made the same, $10k-$250k. Same stoves and everything. Do the maintenance and enjoy it. I can't wait to get back out.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to getting ours out next month.