Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
New Camper

Hi

My wife and I purchased a Zinger ZT26BH last weekend July 23rd. We have used the trailer 3 nights and now the slide will not go out to unload the trailer at home. I have read through other problems on the Forum. Can anyone give me and idea of what I ask for the dealer to fix as i am not 300 miles (450+km) from where i purchased the trailer

Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Some details would help us help you. Did the slide go out all all? Can you hear the slide motor or a clicking sound? Is your battery connected and charged? Hooked up to a power source? There is an external manual slide overide on the opposite side of the trailer along the skirt, try giving the overide a turn or two then trying slide again.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the reply, first time using a forum. Battery is hooked up and we are plugged into the house. The slide worked great at the campsite in and out. The slide motor runs and there is a clicking sound. It is running but it is like it can't grab anything to pull the slide out with. The trailer is level.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Try using your hand crank to manually move the slide out a few turns of the crank and then try the motor. If it grabs the gear and moves the slide out you need to adjust bell stopa little.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Exactly what Hunter just said, move the slide and inch or two by the overide to get the bell housing past the frame hole. The slide just needs an adjustment and should be fine afterwards. Until you get slide adjusted you can release the slide switch a little early instead of allowing it to click/clutch.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for the information. I got it out a little manually and then it worked. Seems to be fine now. Next time we are near the dealer i will see what they can do if it is something they need to fix.

Thanks again
Old 09-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Just got my 32SB back from Camping World. Same problem as you described,. They said the bell stop needed to be adjusted back about 1/2 inch. I had tried to manually run the slide out, but it was so tight, was afraid I would break something. It was covered under warranty, but cost me $25 to tow to them. Has anyone adjusted their bell stop without taking in to shop? Thinking the other slide will probably need same thing done soon.

Michael and Shirley Kite

2011 Nissan Frontier

2011 Zinger 310SB

2007 Bailey the Meanie Weenie

2011 Zoey the Dapple Weenie
Apilldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

The adjustment is pretty straight forward. Lossen the nut and then tighten the opposing nut to it. (one inside the bell the other on the opposite side)

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Can you describe this adjustment a little more? What is the "bell" and where is it exactly. When my slide goes all the way out, the motor appears to try to continue running and it sounds like a cog is riding over a thread notch and it makes a very loud clicking noise. That's when I know to stop (obviously).

NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #10
Site Team

If you look under the slide when it's extended, you should be able to see two arms that support the slide plus they have teeth on them for gears that run the slide in and out. There is a bell on the outer end of them that butts the frame when the slide is pulled in.(in my opinion they shouldn't contact the frame to forcefully) When the slide reaches it's inner or outer range that is when you hear the ratcheting noise, and you had best be stopping or you can twist the pins off. Look closely and you will see the adjusting nut on each one of them next to the bell on a threaded bolt.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

OK, will do that as soon as I can. Although this is a new camper, it was the demo at the dealership and pretty rusty where these things you describe are. Do I loosen the outer nut and then does the "bell" turn on the threads in and out? I plan to either oil or grease these threaded rods and teeth on the slide; any problem with that?
NH Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Site Team

There is a threaded bolt that the bell is on, and a "lock nut". If you are "sure" your slide needs adjusting, then you would move those either in or out. My question is---what makes you think your slide needs adjusting? If it's working OK now, I wouldn't monkey with it.
As far as the teeth/gears on the arms, I wouldn't oil or grease them. You might end up with that stuff on the carpet. All I do is brush the teeth out with a wire brush, then put a piece of cardboard on top of the arms and spray them with WD40. Let it dry before pulling your slide back in.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote