Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
New Camper

We recently purchased a 2012 Zinger 31SB. We purchased a tv seperately and it is very difficult to tell how to mount the tv. Does anyone know if there are studs located in the rotating cabinet or if it is one solid piece of wood behind the panelling? This is important so we know what kind of mount to get. Does anyone have any suggestions on a mount that works so the cabinet is still able to rotate? Thanks.
NLZinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
New Camper

You have to be careful when mounting a t.v on the panel. I went with a mounting kit from my rv dealer, the lag bolts for the mount are shorter then the ones you would use on one that you would mount in your home. You want to be careful not to break the mirror behind it. As far as mounting it goes i am pretty sure the whole pannel is solid wood, so just make sure that your tv is centred on the pannel once the mounting braket is put in.

2011 Zinger SB31

Saskatchewan Canada
Sask.Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yeah, I think the whole panel is a piece of plywood. You can press on it and see where it is.

I mounted a 32" LCD with this mount:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=108 2806&p_id=6514&seq=1&format=2

Works pretty well.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the info. I looked up the mount that you attached and the tv size is shown as 10-24". Did you have a problem with mounting a 32" with this mount. The weight is 30lbs max. Thanks.
NLZinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
New Camper

Well, in my 2011 Zinger 31SB, the TV box is NOT all solid, in fact, most of it is just a very thin hollow piece of wood that would not hold the wieght of the mount, let alone the TV. In fact, there was about 7 or 8 inches of width in the cabinet where there was a stud, and, surprisingly, it is not centered in the cabinet. This made it very difficult to find a mount that would work in the TV "box", one that had allowed an "offset" so that it could be mounted where the studs were and still allow the TV to be in the center of the box (the TV we bought takes up the entire opening so it had to be mounted in the middle of the box).

I contacted Crossroads even before my TT was delivered to ask them exactly where the studs were. They provided me (via email) with a diagram that illustrated where the studs are in the box, which was very helpful. It was not too easy to find a TV mount that could be offset as I needed it to be, but I did find one.

2011 Crossroads Zinger 31SB
bickar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

My 32" TV weighs 22lbs. I've traveled with it in place and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the mount. I do need to find a way to keep the TV from wanting to travel out from acceleration forces. Maybe some sort of belt that I could wrap around the cabinet. </span>
Old 06-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We have a 2012 31SB as well, and the wood is not solid in the tv cabinet. There is one 2X4 that is centered, and then there is one more offset to the side with a couple inch gap in between. I ended up taking off the mirror, the plywood backing, and adding additional 2X4 supports. That way I could use a stationary mount and not have to worry about the mount being offset. The TV is much more secure that way. I also drilled another hole for the pin so I can lock the TV in place facing the bedroom. That way with the doors locked inthe open position if the mount does fail the TV will stop when it hits the doors! Good luck!

2004 Ford F250 6.0PSD Crew Cab
2012 Zinger 31SB

https://i40.tinypic.com/m9asza.jpg
fire249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Very helpful info! It's good to know the mirror can be removed to aid in the install of the TV mount.It's also a good idea about turning the TV to the bedroom with the doors open as long as the TV is not banging off the doors for a few hundred miles going down the road...

2005 Dodge RAM 3500, CTD,QC, 4x4,SRW,48RE,3.73

Honda EU6500is

Mini Dachshund
bigdave442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I had one of those ah-ha moments the other day. I was trying to figure out a way to hold the TV inside the cabinet so it wouldn't tend to creep out during acceleration and it dawned on me...just rotate the cabinet so the TV faces the bed. The bedroom doors when closed keep the TV nice and tight in the cabinet now.

Didn't know if anyone else thought of that or not?!