Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hello all,

I've been reading post some good and some bad about CR. Trust me I know no TT is perfect this is not my first rodeo. I just know nothing about CR. We are planning on going tomorrow to purchase a 2013 ST31BH. They say it has the 2 year warranty because it was made in Dec. Can anyone give me some feedback? Let it rip good or bad. It's difficult to compare TT and shop for a good price. When I bought my truck it was easy I knew what I wanted and hit every Chevy dealer. The dealer I'm buying from I think is a good dealer. I have friends that purchased a high end coach from them and they love the service. So I think they can handle any issues I may have. I just don't really want any issues. The other TT I was looking at is a North Trail.

Thanks for any help you may offer,

Bert
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If it was manufactured in December of 2012, you have the 1 year warranty. IIRC the 2 year warranty applies to units manufactured before September of 2012. Make the dealer confirm your warranty with Crossroads.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

X2 what WildWildWest said. I would bet you only have the 1 year warranty and the wonderful 12 Point Promise (????).
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I would make that dealer sign adocument stating that unit has a 2 year warranty. I agree with the post above, it will have a 1 year and the "12 Point Promise" for what that is worth.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

It has the one year "promise" warranty - the CR management made it pretty clear from their posts that anything made after 9/12 was NOT covered with the 2 year warranty. IMHO, make sure you shop all the other brands and makes, plenty of them still offering a 2 year warranty. At the end of the day, if you still love the ST then go for it....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
New Camper

We have owned our ST31BH since 7-2011, but it is considered a 2012 model. It was purchased from a dealer in Ft. Worth new from their lot. Since then it has been to their service dept. 5x times and has had the following completed or to be completed.<ul>[*]Replaced roof. (defective)[*]Replaced both axles and all new tires/incl spare, wrong axle from factory installed. The reserve series requires the larger axles for weight bearing purposes.[*]Replaced the back wall. (defective lamination)[*]Replaced battery.[*]Replaced both slide out motors.[*]Replaced and repaired the wiring harness to both slide outs, falling down caught on axle.[*]Repaired various inside trim falling down or loosened.[*]Repaired minor wiringissue for furnace to operate.[*]Front decorative cap to be repair/replaced yet to occur.[*]Replace or repair electric front tongue stabilizing jack yet to occur.[/list]
In all it has been unavailable to us for these repairs for a total of 5months of our ownership. And we still have the last two items to be completed. But I believe that Bill Hodges from the CR factory will do as he has promised to complete these repair. But it will never be taken back to the dealership in Ft Worth. Upon, picking it up this last time, I discovered the top 2 downspouts have been broken off. They refuse to take responsibility for the damage. I will have to repair them. But with all said, we do enjoy the rig and have had many great trips with many more in sight. Every campground we go into 2-3 people always want to see the interior, it is very beautiful and the outside kitchen area is great!!!! Love it, love it!!!!

Happy trail to all.
Irishpower74

[*]
[*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*]<ul>[/list][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Wow.....
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

My opinion for what it is worth is your trailer should have gone back to Crossroads for these repairs. Especially after the dealer has had it 5 times and not done it right.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
New Camper

I guess I was too optimistic with the dealer. I believe they at times make their $$$ in servicing the rigs not the actual selling of the rig.... It has been very disappointing and time consuming....we live and hour drive to and from the dealership.
Irishpower74
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Well we bit the bullet and picked it up on Friday. Hopefully the bullet doesn't take my head off. We purchased it from Lazy Days in Tampa, Fl. and we slept in it over night at there facility to check everything out. Everything worked fine our only issues were a couple cosmetic things that the dealer fixed. We will have a dry run at one of our local parks this month and then we will be at Ft. Wilderness Campground in Disney for Memorial Weekend. You are all welcome to join us. That will be the true test. Wish us luck!

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote