Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

291RK - Bedroom TV mount?

So we're picking up our 291RK in a little less than two weeks, and going camping pretty much immediately...so I'm planning on bringing the TV and wall mount we're buying for the bedroom with me, and I'll install it when we get where we're going. The 291RK has a sticker on the wall in the bedroom stating that the wall mount for a TV should be installed over the sticker. My question is...what's behind that sticker? Is there actually a vertical stud there, or is it just heavier plastic? And how accurate is the sticker placement? Any recommendations on using anchors? The TV + mount should only weigh about 17-18#'s, so hopefully it'll hold fine.
lp722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Do the same as yopu would for a house ...use your stud finder. I would not trust the builders to put the sticker in the correct spot. Just a question ,but what is the the big deal with a tv when camping.??

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Do the same as yopu would for a house ...use your stud finder. I would not trust the builders to put the sticker in the correct spot. Just a question ,but what is the the big deal with a tv when camping.??
Most of our 'camping', at least at first, will be at multi-day confirmation dog shows, which are usually held at fairgrounds. Once the shows wind down in the afternoon, there isn't really anything at all to do, unless you want to take the truck into town. When we actually go camping, I'm sure we won't use the TV's at all.
lp722 is offline   Reply With Quote