Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Picked up the 31BH today and both the front door and the rear door to the bathroom have tinted glass (not frosted glass). Can easily see in both when lights inside are on. Don't think I like that and I know the girls in my family are not real excited about it either. Need a quick inexpensive fix for this issue.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
sle1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I'm also interested in a solution. Noticed the same thing with our front door which is almost directly across from the bathroom. I was thinking that if the door is steel, we might be able to make a curtain by sewing some magnets into some material. If the door is aluminum, possibly use Velcro. Has anyone else's found a solution?

Our previous trailer had frosted glass in the door.
mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

You can buy spray on glass frosting from Lowes, Home depot etc. I haven't used it in the camper but a few exterior doors in our house don't need to be transparent so I sprayed them (interior side of the door). If you can remove the glass it will look factory made but if you have tomask off the door frame it takes a little time to do it right.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Have been told by factory that they have already switched back to the frosted windows. Thanks for the help. Have my replacements ordered.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

What was the cost for the replacement frosted glass?

mikenannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Crossroads said to have my dealer order them under warranty...assuming no cost. Actually pretty sure I am not going to pay anything for them since when I ordered the trailer the windows were frosted. Would not think that would be a change.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
New Camper

But there must be some minimum average cost which one can think of paying.......

jackmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

We went the other way from frosted to tinted so we could see out, the window is high enough that nobody can see in. We also clear paneled the screen door so it looks like a big picture window.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwit

We went the other way from frosted to tinted so we could see out, the window is high enough that nobody can see in. We also clear paneled the screen door so it looks like a big picture window.
That's a great idea. How did you clear panel that door?

RR
Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmarshall
But there must be some minimum average cost which one can think of paying.......
I am sure there is. I did not ask. When the women in your camper want frosted windows, I am not sure the cost matters. Not sure I want to camp by myself, so if I want the wife and daughter(16 years old) to camp with me, I have to get those windows changed over. I can't believe that they would be too expensive.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #11
New Camper

Did anyone ever figure out a solution to this problem? Were the windows replaced at the dealership? We just went to look at our new 31BH yesterday and noticed the same thing. It was a little dark out so we couldn't tell for sure how bad the problem would actually be. Can you really see through the bathroom window clearly from the outside?
Camp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

The problem is not during the day, it is at night when lights are on in the bathroom. During the day when the light is on it is an issue, but not as much. My dealer ordered replacement windows under warranty through Crossroads. It has taken three weeks to this point and they are still not here(not happy about that, but from what I read on here, that is pretty typical of CR and Lippert). My dealer also ordered additional windows to replace the ones on the trailers on his lot. It is my understanding that CR has changed the production back to the frosted windows.

2006 Nissan Titan

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH

Equalizer Hitch
Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

You can go to Home Depot and they sell rolls of frosted plastic or ones with patterns. You just pull the paper backing off and adhere to the window.

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

The product is decorative window film - They are talking about the patterned one here, but I have copied the information from the Home Depot website.

This thin, flexible window film, self adheres to any smooth glass surface. Wisteria is available in 24 In. x 36 In. panels which can be trimmed, or combined to fit any sized window. The image is a repeating pattern both left to right and top to bottom. It can be used either vertically or horizontally. Artscape window film provides UV protection, and is unaffected by heat, cold, steam or humidity. It applies in minutes, uses no adhesives and can be easily removed without leaving any residue. The translucent image is visible from both sides of the window, providing style and privacy simultaneously. Artscape is recommended for use in any window and provides a striking and effortless design element to shower doors and specialty windows like sidelights, arches and transoms.

<UL>

<LI>Available in 24 In. x 36 In.- repeating pattern simply add panels to the top, bottom, left or right</LI>

<LI>Creates the look of stained glass</LI>

<LI>Innovative solution for privacy and decor</LI>

<LI>Provides U.V. protection</LI>

<LI>Ideal for specialty windows: sidelights, transoms, arches</LI>

<LI>Easy to install and remove-applies in minutes to smooth glass-uses no adhesives</LI>[/list]

2010 Seville 35CK

2011 Dodge 3500 D.D.MCAB

https://i900.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/photo2-2.jpg
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
New Camper

Thank you! This seems like a quick and easy solution.
Camp77 is offline   Reply With Quote