Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
New Camper

Anybody else have problems with the furnace? We purchased our 31QB last fall and immediately had trouble with the furnace. We keptit on site so we coulduse it anyway for that last fewweeks of the season but froze our butts off. It was brought back in for service at the end of the seasonand of course it worked just fine for the technicians at the dealer. Now it's back on it's seasonal site all loaded up with our stuff,leveled and cinder blocked upand once again the furnace is failing to ignite.....Are we alone?? I'm really starting to regret this purchase
ctquadbunkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I never had trouble with ours. Sometimes if the propane isn't lighting, there could be air in the lines. Get the stove top lit with a lighter and that should ensure you have gas in the line. Does the fridge and everything else run OK on propane?

Where in CT are you? Where did you purchase the trailer?

I am also in CT.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Do you turn the gas off when you leave for the week? If so you can get air in the lines. Do like was said and try lighting the stove first and let it run for a while then start the furnace.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

if it runs and does not ignite, check battery power, needs at lease 10 volts. it maybe a faulty sail switch. if switch will not open then it will not ignite. does it attempt to light? if so it might be the board of the limit switch. always make sure you got propane going good at the stove, makes it easier for the appliances to light.

wattashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Experienced no ignition my first night out in April. Blower would run then shut down because of no flame. Then did what Chrisnan suggested (lit the stove, let it run) then furnace lit fine. Good thing, too 'cause it was 45 degrees in Albuquerque.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

glad to hear you got it to work. if you want cold nights you should come to newfoundland, but its still great camping.

wattashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

wattashine-

Newfoundland is on my bucket list.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
New Camper

Thanks for the replies.... it's definately NOT air in the lines as the stove works fine. Weare hoping to get a mobile repair guy out to lookat it thisweek.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #9
New Camper

Sorry, I never did get back to posting the furnace fix. We did have a repair man come out and found that there were wires touching each other that shouldn't have been causing a short and no heat.

We've had some other issues with our 31QB too. Need to have the cable checked in the bunkroom as that has never worked. Thought it was just that the tv we originally put in there was old but we purchased a new flat screen and that doesn't work in there either. We can only use the electric griddle outside ....if we use it inside, it trips the breaker.

Another complaint is just plain sloppy finish work. I am still cleaning sawdust out of this camper a year later. We even had to take apart the kitchen faucet because it wasn't working right and whatdoya know..... chunk of sawdust! Sawdust in the light covers, bunks, heating ducts....you name it.

The oven just sucks....bakes very unevenly. We finally just went out and bought a Big Green Egg and are now baking outsideover natural wood coals. Pretty nice and makes yummy pizza!

We lost our awning today in heavy rains. Even though there wasn't any wind and it was tilted down, it bent in half right in the middle of the roller and crashed down at 7am. This is our second awning, the first one was defective and replaced. We had a lot of shocked campers checking it out today.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
New Camper

Adding more insult to injury, we just found out our dealer that we purchased our Sunset Trail from is no longer selling them.....hmmm, kind of makes me wonder why.....

Now we have to go out of state for service..... I never would have purchased this trailer had I known.....
Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctquadbunkmom

Another complaint is just plain sloppy finish work. I am still cleaning sawdust out of this camper a year later. We even had to take apart the kitchen faucet because it wasn't working right and whatdoya know..... chunk of sawdust! Sawdust in the light covers, bunks, heating ducts....you name it.

Tell me about the sawdust. I have found it everywhere in my 2010 Cruiser CF26RK. There was so much in the furnace compartment a bunch was sucked into the heat exchanger. Everytime I use the furnace it smells like I lit a wood fire in the trailer. The dealer says he has done all he can do and the smell is not that bad. Now that our season is over I am going to remove the furnace. Not sure what I can do short of replacing the heat exchanger. Sure hope CrossRoads will send me a replacement. Workmanship is very poor on my trailer. Same goes for work done by the dealer. I have yet to find a screw that was driven in straight and most only about 3/4 the way in.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I agree with you about the "sloppy finish work". We have a new 30SK and have been very disappointed in the finsih work. Our stereo wasn't completely installed, all the outlet covers are crocked, the underside of the cabinet trim isn't finished in several areas, the drawers are all rough on the inside and we have sawdust everywhere. When we finished installing the stereo I vacuumed a ton of sawdust out of the stereo compartment. Makes me wonder how much more is hidden. I like my Cruiser but think they could improve greatly on the quality control. On a positive note, I've heard from several who say the customer service is great.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

You guys are a hoot. I thought that I was the only one with a box full of expensive sawdust. Our 2008 was much improved over our 2007 but there was still a lot to attend to before we could just go camping. I have assumed that the purchase of a travel trailer is really like buying aDIY kit. With that attitude and a dealer that is too far way except for something major,initially, Itook a pretty complete toolkit and a big assortment of screws on the road. It wasn't long before we got everything in shape and we enjoy hauling ourST trailer anywhere.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #14
New Camper

Did you buy your camper from Custom Camper in Southington CT? We had a mess of small problems with our 2008 31QB but I fixed them all myself.(luckily)
WARDOG686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
New Camper

Yes, it came from Custom Camper and they no longer carry the Crossroads line at all.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
New Camper

My furnace works fine while it's running.

Periodically it won't kick on. Today I had my thermostat set on 72,

even though the temp fell to 65 in the room, the furnace never kicked

on. When it does this, i can flip the power switch off, then back on

again, and it seems to work fine for a while after that. But it seems

every morning I wake up to 60 degrees. Help me please

buy furnace direct
</span>

mortan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Do you by chance still have the factory Analog/mechanical thermostat? Those often times are inaccurate and don't make good contact. If your furnace works fine otherwise, try a new digital thermostat.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

I am surprised to hear about all of these problems....we haven't had any major issues with our '08 31QB (not evenpockets of sawdust). We bought it new in early '08, and of the three TT's we've had, this is by far the best- and has surpassed our expectations.

Jim

(and the kids- Christopher and Jenna)

2008 ST31QB

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty (7.3 Diesel)

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...y/DSC_0633.jpg
JimandCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #19
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to Cooz Send a message via Yahoo to Cooz

We've never had problems with our furnace and camp well into the cooler months. We did have to replace the inverter but so far so good with everything else.
We did notice an odor (strong "heat" type smell) when the furnace kicks on but that goes away after a few minutes.
We got ours at Custom Camper in Southington too. They've been great to deal with so far.

www.vesperaband.com

www.nbpdsucks.com
Cooz is offline   Reply With Quote