Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
New Camper

Another LED awning problem

Have a 2017 260rl. Awning lights died first trip. Didnt want them replaced with the same junk so bought a nicer set that came in a roll and stuck right on. Worked great for awhile, and now I have a different issue. There are 2 brushes and a contact disk mounted on the end of the roller to supply power to the LED's. Whatever they used for the brushes to contact on the disk has worn off. I cant seem to find any info online about this disk, and dont really want to pay for a new one (junk). anybody have any ideas on how to repair the contact rings?

Thanks,
Dave
divotdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Those LED lights are junk, BUT, they have a lifetime warranty. Seems to be a very common replacement. I looked around and decided against swapping my LEDs every year and bought something that (I hope) will last.
Anyway, I found a few parts here. Looks like this is a good starting point, but I didn't see your specific part listed, maybe give them a call? Good luck, and please report back if you find a nice and easy solution! Worried I may fall into the same boat someday!

https://store.lci1.com/products/sole...=431&limit=all
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Bigjoe you mention the leds are lifetime warrantied, is that through LCI? How does one contact them? I just purchased a strip from my dealer for $135cdn. After reading all the issues on the forum, I too might have opted for an aftermarket string.
Baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote