Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Returned home from 5 days camping, cleaned up the camper, shut down the fridge, nothing unusual,and all went well. Now, the Atwood CO detector is giving me 4 beeps about every minute. I changed the propane tank and reset the detector. Green light is on for propane, but the red lite is still flashing CO detection. Range knobs are all in of prsition, fridge is shut down and off. I tried unplugging electric, thought maybe that would reset it but it didn't help. I'm befuddled! Any other sugestions? Could the excessive heat (95 and humid today) cause it?

Gary

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

and Cody,the Chocolate Wonderdog

ST30RE
Chz hed campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Site Team

There should be an instruction sheet for that thing to explain what all the signals mean. With out digging mine out of the camper I can't tell you off the top of my head.
One other thing I've seen that will set them off is a battery that is gassing, close enough for it to pick up.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Checked the manual, nothing there to explain other than to evacuate RV. I've opernd the doors and windows, turned on a fan and even turrned the AC back on. No batteries inside, no cars running. I'm going to call dealer in the am.

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

ST30RE
Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
Site Team

Did you get any answers yet?
I had a CO detector go bad in our Lance. I don't remember for sure how it was acting, but the dealer gave me a new one to put in.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Called the RV dealer this am and guess what...they're shut down, all off until Monday. I guess we aren't suppose to have any problens during the busiest camping week of the season! Not using the RV until Thursday next week, but it is annoying. I too think it's defective but it is built into the wall and I just can't remove it. I'll keep you posted

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

ST30RE
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Friend of mine told me that his was beeping due to a low battery on the camper.

2007 F250 super duty
Big smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

something in my 5er beeps (never tried to locate)when battery gets low ,i always just plug it back in and when the battery is charged the beeping stops(could be the detector?),have since put in isolator switch and use it while in storage,no more beeps

2011 cf285rl patriot cruiser

07 dodge cummings
joescuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

The batterywas fullly charged. I located the fuse to the alarm, it is on the 15 amp fuse with the fridge. Iunplugged the fuse to stop the beeping. I then re filled the propane tank which was still 1/4 full, and re connected.Then Iswitched back to the old tank which now was full.The other tank was full and opened but did not eliminate the beeping. Now I put the fuse back in, reset the alarm, and praise the Lord...the alarm shut off. Problem is solved but I still don't know why the red light was on for CO detection. Thanks for suggestions.

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

ST30RE
Old 04-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
New Camper

Hello folks, this happens every now and then to me. If it appears there is a fault in the co2/gas detector Many things from some air fresheners to cleaning solutions. This has happened to me (alarm sounding) a few times with a Forrest River and Cross Roads RV. What always works for me, to properly reset it is to locate the fuse, which is not labeled. Once the fuse which the sensor is on is located, remove it for at least 30 minutes. Re-insert the fuse and it should be back to normal.
Dlow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

The CO alarm should be the same as a smoke Alarm and contain a 9volt battery inside it. In many cases, this is an indicator that the battery is low. Change the battery inside the CO Alarm and this should clear up the beeping. Also, you can ask your local fire department to check the unit with their CO Detection Sensors; tell them the sensor is beeping and ask if they can check the trailer. All fire departments are always willing to help and check this for you. They will confirm the presence of any CO or not. Low Battery alarms are very common and easy to correct with a new battery.
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

There are no 9 volt batteries in a hard wired CO alarm. Removing the fuse fora half an hour eliminated the problem.

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

ST30RE