Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #81
Full Time Camper

It has to be the quality of the led strips they are using. We have fulltime in ours for 2 years now and have had no issue with either awning strips. On the other hand the led lights in the trailer have now all been replaced. These type you need to replace the whole fixture not just a bulb.the oldest of the replacements are almost 2yrs old and working fine. There are also indoor and waterproof outdoor led strips. I wonder if they are using indoor ones on the awnings
Old 10-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #82
Weekend Camper

Ours arrived at the dealer with a section of 5 or 6 already dead. It's on the list for him to fix when we're back in after our last trip this fall. So far, that original section is all that has died so far.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #83
Weekend Camper

I got them from recreation pro. been used for three trips now and so far so good. very happy at this point
jsd493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #84
Weekend Camper

thought I would just post an update so far very happy with these lights still working great.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #85
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Bowler304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd493 View Post
thought I would just post an update so far very happy with these lights still working great.
What did you do to mount them? I am about to order a set, looks like they come with a channel to put them in, and then you just cut back the wires coming out of the TT and hooked them up? Can you shorten them if need be? Looks like they come in 16' sections.
Tow Vehicle - 2017 F250 Platinum 6.2 4:30 gear
Travel Trailer - Sunset Trail Super Lite ST290QB
Color : Enzo
Dry Weight 5,774 - Actual weight 6,767
Bowler304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #86
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowler304 View Post
What did you do to mount them? I am about to order a set, looks like they come with a channel to put them in, and then you just cut back the wires coming out of the TT and hooked them up? Can you shorten them if need be? Looks like they come in 16' sections.
They came with a channel that was secured to the side of the TT with adhesive tape (I mounted mine below the awning so I can use them with it open or closed and very happy with that location). once the channel is mounted you snap the light stip into it. So far so good staying in the exact spot mounted with no issues.

Yes, cut the wires that went to the old lights at the end of the awning and connected them to the new ones.

From what I remember there were designated areas to cut to make them shorter I think it was every couple of inches had a spot you could cut.

Let me know if that answered your questions or I miss understood.

Good luck
Old 05-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #87
Family Vacation Member

Perfect you answered all of my questions, going to order right now, did you stick with white or go with the blue? I am think the white would attract more bugs, but the blue might not provide enough light.

Thanks again for the information.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #88
Weekend Camper

we went with the white. I wish I had an answer to stop the bugs but the yellow porch light brings just as many I think.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:58 PM   #89
Seasonal Camper

There are diodes every 18 inches or so. I believe you have to cut beyond the diode. If you cut between the diodes it will be dead back to the last diode closest to the powered end.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #90
Family Vacation Member

Well I did it and i am very happy with the results. Feed the line back through, bought the same connectors so I could put it back if wanted but dont think i ever will. I can use them when the awning is open or closed and uses the same on off switch as the other. Installation was so easy, cut a block 1.5" and just place it against the awning and placed the holding strips down. There is a cut line every 2" on the strip so I choose the closest one and just split it. I did drill a small hole to run the wires through and put a dab of clear on the end I cut for piece of mind.

I went with blue to try and cut down on the bugs but I dont think it matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #91
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowler304 View Post
Well I did it and i am very happy with the results. Feed the line back through, bought the same connectors so I could put it back if wanted but dont think i ever will. I can use them when the awning is open or closed and uses the same on off switch as the other. Installation was so easy, cut a block 1.5" and just place it against the awning and placed the holding strips down. There is a cut line every 2" on the strip so I choose the closest one and just split it. I did drill a small hole to run the wires through and put a dab of clear on the end I cut for piece of mind.

I went with blue to try and cut down on the bugs but I dont think it matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice job. A friend of mine did the same thing. I’ve already had my awning lights replaced under warranty but when they go out again (which I’m sure they will), I might remove them and do the same thing.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #92
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd493 View Post
They came with a channel that was secured to the side of the TT with adhesive tape (I mounted mine below the awning so I can use them with it open or closed and very happy with that location). once the channel is mounted you snap the light stip into it. So far so good staying in the exact spot mounted with no issues.

Yes, cut the wires that went to the old lights at the end of the awning and connected them to the new ones.

From what I remember there were designated areas to cut to make them shorter I think it was every couple of inches had a spot you could cut.

Let me know if that answered your questions or I miss understood.

Good luck
Did the same thing to our 32RL sunset TT Much better and can use it with awning in or out
Old 06-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #93
Weekend Camper

replacement LED strip can be found here
https://store.lci1.com/light-awning-...ft-w-connector
Slide in and out fairly easily. If you look at the LED strip carfully, there is a LED strip inside of a plastic tube. the tube is open on both ends and lets water in fairly easily. I thought of puting some silicone on it to seal it up, but I opted for new LED strip. Found an outstanding 20' strip on amazon for around 60.00. cheaper, brighter and more reliable (so far). I attached to the outside of the awning tube rather than inside the channel. I also found a cool slide dimmer for the ledS too. Since I added the dimmer, Im also thinking of adding another strip against the camper. There have been a few occasions where I didn't open my awning all the way and wanted that light outside. Having 2 strips on a dimmer would solve those issues.
Good luck everyone!
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote