Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

CAUTION:

CAUTION: I bought a 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL brand new. Have had nothing but trouble with it as did others with slides leaking. Dealership, Courvelle's in Opelousas, LA, screwed around with it for about a year or more requiring losing the use of it for about six months of the first 12 months, finally they had 3 techs come down from Indiana to repair mine and six others. They did finally fix it correctly but now we have floor damage that we did not notice due to the water leaks. The front cap faded terribly, was told the manufacture was paying to have them repainted with automotive quality paint. A couple of months later was told they would not repair mine as we had waited too long. We did wait because by that time we were fed up with all the electrical problems, slide out problems, being without our trailer while it was in repair at the dealership, etc. Now, I am working on repairing the flooring myself. I finally changed out the GFI receptacle with a standard receptacle because I had had it in the dealership several times for that problem and even took it to another brand dealership one time and no one could fix it. All works now that I put in a standard receptacle instead of the GFI. This may sound like sour grapes but at our age we are just going to suffer through with this one instead of looking for another one but I would never deal with the Sunset manufacturer nor Courvelle's again.
BillBolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:12 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Did you buy it new at Courvelles?

2018 Sunset Trail SS262BH with 72 mods
2019 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW SB
6.7 HO, Aisin trans
CobaltPaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yes, I bought it new at Courvelle's. I can't say enough good things about the Service Manager at the time, by the name of David Longlois. He tried. Courvelle himself just told me my problem was with the manufacturer, that he was giving up and would do nothing else.
BillBolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Was it still under an extended warranty? Was that your first new one bought from there? I have bought 2 new TT's from them and my first never had a single problem as crazy as that sounds. My second is the Sunset Trail we just bought last month and I am going back this week to get my new slide topper to help protect the slide from the weather. There are a few minor problems, nothing major though. Hope you got everything resolved.

2018 Sunset Trail SS262BH with 72 mods
2019 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW SB
6.7 HO, Aisin trans
CobaltPaP is offline   Reply With Quote