Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 03:36 AM   #1
New Camper

Colorado spring temps

I have a new 26rb sunset. I will be using it on April weekend of 16th at Jackson Lake. and again at Pueblo Lake in May.
I don't want to put the Pink stuff back in it and then clean it out on May. So is the TT pipes able to handle temps at 30degree? Colorado temps gets cold at night but no less then 30. should I still fill in the pinky stuff? we will still get snow before May 30th but they are not that icy.
thanks for your feed back....
mdw60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

My first experience like this was in Tennessee, which was a total surprise. The only problem was my water hose had some frozen water inside, but I was able to disconnect it and flush the ice from the hose. The next two nights I filled the fresh water tank and stowed the hose. No additional problems. Now if there is a chance for cold weather I put water in the fresh water tank, disconnect the hose and make sure I run the furnace some throughout the night. I think there should not be any problems with your trip.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

It sounds to me like you are more concerned about the time period between your two trips when the trailer will still be in storage, is that right? Find the low point drain for your plumbing system and drain the water out. leave your faucets in the "on" position and you won't have any issues. You won't get all of the water out, but you will get enough that even if the water freezes there is enough room in the pipes for it to expand. You will want to flush the toilet dry and then put a little of the pink stuff in the bowl and you may want to put some down your sink traps.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
New Camper

CFUN, That's funny cuz I was thinking of doing the same thing. drain all the water out and put the pinky stuff in the pipe traps.
should do. thanks
mdw60 is offline   Reply With Quote