Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Connecting my TV

Ok all I need some advice here. I am getting ready to take my ST32FR on the road for the first time and the site that I am going to has satellite TV available. So my question is I know that on the back there are two cable connection, which one do I plug into? And my second one is above the TV in the front where the power amp is located there is a connection that says satellite. Do I switch it around to satellite? Last one, I think I have to turn off the power amp, is this correct? I am new to camping and a lot to learn.

Thanks to all
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If your jack plate has 2 connections, with one labelled SAT, then you are prepped for satellite TV. There should be a 2nd jack outside labelled for it (or try the single cable jack). Hook receiver to that jack.

We have to add a bypass jack because we only have one. Satellite will NOT run thru the booster, on or off.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have a 2013 32RL and there is 2 TV hook ups in the back. Don't have satellite TV and I use the first one on the left side for cable tv. Neither outlet is marked. I don't turn on the booster switch by the tv for the cable tv
kidsolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

If your trailer is like mine, it has two connections in the back, one is for CABLE and one is for SATELLITE. Its my understanding that they are different, the SATELLITE hookup will provide 12V power to a satellite antenna where the cable connection does not. I'm guessing that your site might just be receiving satellite signal but I would hook it up to my CABLE connection first. No booster for either connection.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Site Team

If this is a campground, I doubt they are going to give you a satellite receiver. What they probably mean is they have a satellite system (like some hotels/motels) that they have made available through a coax connection at the pedestal. You would connect it up like a cable system. Station selection would be made by your television instead of a satellite receiver.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I think your right that the hook up is like a hotel that has satellite service. I took a look at the two hookups in the back and neither one is marked (big surprise) so I will just try and see which one works and mark them myself. By the way we are staying at Daytona RV Park & Tropical Gardens, of South Daytona Florida. Sorry about that for those that live in the north. We are excited and let you know how it went. Thank all
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Look close at the outside connections and you may see that they are marked. My markings are raised letters molded in the plastic, hard to see.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

The one on the left or closest to the drivers side is cable and the the one on the right is sat.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote