Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

At the 2011 Rally I was upset that once again my slide was malfunctioning. I had to have 4 people who I did not know at the time help me put my slide in on a new Sunset Trail 29SS that I had purchased July 2010. Everyone I told my story to kept telling me to contact Randy at CrossRoads RV and he will fix the problem.

I was unable to stay after the rally but returned with an appointment to have Randy look at the camper. On arrival I was met by Randy who quickly saw a problem with the repairs made by Camping World Greenwood IN. I explained that one of the problems was the slide kept ripping out the trim seal around the slide. Randy explained that was due to the slide malfunctioning. So Camping world was only attempting to fix the cosmetic part and not the actual problem.

I left the camper with Randy and he called me last week to advise me the camper was ready and fixed. On arrival I was met by Randy and he did not mix words he explained it was a factory error. I understand people who make mistakes.

Randy advised they removed the slide replaced and repaired the trim and seals. There was only one roller. Randy placed 5 rollers under the super slide. They rewired the slide to a 30 amp service from a 15 amp service and reinstalled everything correctly. Randy and his people fixed a screw head that came up out of the floor so as you cannot tell any problem ever existed.

Randy we just returned from camping the slide worked wonderfully. My wife and I appreciate all your help. If we need any further repairs we will be taking a trip to Topeka Indiana so the work can be done properly. I will also copy this to CrossRoads RV.

Thanks for the wonderful customer service: Robert & Tracy Hatfield Lebanon Indiana

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Lillie (www.givensblackmouthcur.com)[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Sunset Trail ST29SS
rhatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

glad to hear that he took care of you. thats just one more reason why we all own a Crossroads unit!! Next year when we attend the rally we have a few things for him to take care of too.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Any chance I could get Randy's contact info. Cant reach a live person at the factory and no one at the factory has returned my messages. Does anyone work there or do they just flip off there customers when they get the messages. I am really close to canceling my order if this is normal from them.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne;">
https://i43.tinypic.com/2ywffv9.jpg
fgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I just got my '13 25rb 2 weeks ago and when the slide is out , everything looks ok , but when the slide is in ,thats when the dinette back comes separated from the slide wall about 3/4". If ,when the slide is in ,I stand just in front of the couch near the dinette (1/2 way ),I can make the gap wider .....am I also missing some rollers??

I can also grab the end of the dinette seat back and lift the floor of the slide to close and open the gap...
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Big Dog,
I wrote to Andi Miles 2 weeks ago, about a small broken part on the door. She got back to me last week and said they were indeed having problems with email system and phones. I know Tom Montague mentioned problems with the phones. Not making excuses but she mailed my part out and it should be here today. Keep calling or mailing, they will get back to you...

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote