Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

So - I was up on my roof changing a roof vent cover that was damaged by hail. I noticed a couple of things that concern me:

1. There is some stress crackingof the fiberglass cap. Mainly around the top of the cap (where it attaches to the roof), and around the upper marker lights. It is cosmetic only at this point (can barely feel the crack when you drag a finger nail accross it), but it concerns me that at trailer only 1.5 years old has stress cracks on it.

2. My roof membrane seems to be separating from the roof. It isn't bubbling, but there are definitely areas (mainly near the sides) where it is clear that the roof membrane is no longerglued to the roof.

My question is - would these be covered under the 2 year warranty? I got the trailer in March 2011, so I should be good until March 2012, correct?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #2
Site Team

I would think you would be good out to Mar. 2013. Not 2012.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

And given the rash of front caps fading/cracking lately on the forum I would get it back to the dealer and at least get a paper trail started on your issue.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

we have problem with a 2012 30 RE the back where the lights are on the top above the window it start bulging out and they are looking into it

Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Sorry - I did mean 2013.

I've got a vacation planned for the next 2 weeks with the trailer. I was hoping to take it in after I'm back. Anyone see anyproblems?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have a couple of "bubbles" in my roof from day 1. I noted it with a letter from CR acknowledging the issue. They said a few small areas are not a problem and they have not grown or become worse in 6 years.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
New Camper

We own a 2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29SS. We have had major issues with the cracking of the front cap. Been a big issue with others who have similair models. We bought our camper in May 2011 and the warranty is covered until may 2013. Not an issue to get fixed. Been gone for about 6 weeks now. Slowing waiting for it to be fixed. I guess its a very common problem. Was told ours was the worst they have seen so far. Cracked all over the front, looked like spiderwebs. Also, there was extreme fading too. Once its fixed, we are trading it in. Loved the look of the unit, but we have had one issue after another with it. The tongue jack has been placed 3 times. We`ve used this camper 6 times since we bought it. Been in the shop more then we`ve had it. Bought brand new.
mommyof2alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

what dealer are you dealing with in alberta?

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
New Camper

mommyof2alberta, sorry to hear about your issues. We own a 31BH Reserve and have had a few issues, but nothing that prevented us from camping. Biggest issue this year was that one set of the stabilizer jacks did not want to go up or down; so i just run them manually. I had a good size laundry list last fall and will do the same this fall. (2 years will be up June 1, 2013). I will also be driving it down to Medicine Hat as the dealer there was awesome to deal with. I will be hopping on aladder and checking the roof before the season is out to see if there are any issues with cracking on the front cap. Will be sad to see the camping season end after this weekend...

2012 Ford F 150 Ecoboost 157" WB
Melloacres is offline   Reply With Quote